Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generative Design with Student Cloud Credits

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
smckenna69
960 Views, 6 Replies

Generative Design with Student Cloud Credits

I'm aware that the Generative Design tool is disabled in the academic version, but it is essential to my current research. As a student I cannot pay for subscription and the amount of cloud credits needed for regular design studies. Is there any way around this? I'm prepared to pay for subscription if I could use unlimited student cloud credits. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Seán

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
peterHL99E
in reply to: smckenna69

I would also love to hear an update from the Autodesk team on their plans regarding opening Generative Design tools to students. I am in the same situation and would love some clarity from Autodesk. 

Message 3 of 7
susan.nace

I am in the same boat and have not been able to get any representatives from Autodesk to answer me about this.

Message 4 of 7
TrippyLighting
in reply to: susan.nace

@brianrepp would you be able to direct this to the correct people at AD ?

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 7
westlam

Hi Seán and further readers of this thread,

My name is Mike Westlake and I'm in the education team at Autodesk.

Thank you so much for your interest in our technology. As you may know we have released generative design to a select number of schools who we work closely with around the world.  We want to understand how this technology can be utilised on projects and taught in an academic environment.

The mechanism for you to achieve access is to have a member of the faculty at your institution reach out to Autodesk to request access to generative deisgn in Fusion 360. They will need to confirm the following:

• They are requesting on behalf of the whole school
  • Confirm whether Fusion is taught as part of the course
  • Overview of what generative design will be used for (and which courses)

Please reach out to your professor/head of school and have them register the request here; generativedesignhelp@autodesk.com

If you have any further questions, please do let me know.

Best regards,

Mike 

Message 6 of 7
ucbqoru
in reply to: westlam

Hello WESTLAM, 
I have a student licence and can use generative design on fusion 360. However, because of the 16 credit limit I can not generate anything at alll. It requires minimum 25 credits to generate. How can I solve this? I am a postgrad student studying Architecture and we wanted to try it for a project to see if it would work for architectural purposes and if we can integrate it in our project. But couldn't even try. How can we see if our school is registered or not? 

Message 7 of 7
westlam
in reply to: ucbqoru

You need to ensure your fusion account is registered using your school/college/Univeristy email address and you will have access to generative design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report