Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 software size

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
chebac_hari
373 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion 360 software size

Hello 👋 

I would like to ask you, what is the actual size of the downloaded setup file for Fusion 360? (I manage to download Client self extractor and after launching this, it stopped at around 31%)

I have limited access to Internet to 500mb/day/device and I want to know if this is enough for downloading and then installing Fusion 360 on my laptop.

If installation setup file is more than 500mb, there are any other means of downloading? Some compressed file from cloud or somewhere else? 

Thank you for your time and have a great week ahead!

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lance.carocci
in reply to: chebac_hari

@chebac_hari, an installation is going to take at least 1GB (this is based on the size of our offline IT Admin installer). In addition to the client installation itself, Fusion 360 may also cache or stream in a number of files related to appearance/material/tool libraries, sample files, or tutorials. That said, updates and patches should not take as much - we try to only replace files that are updated unless the update struggles to complete for some reason.

At this time there is not a path to download Fusion 360 with a smaller data footprint.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report