Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2022 Product Update - Improvements, Known Issues, and Fixes

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
keqingsong
10374 Views, 22 Replies

February 2022 Product Update - Improvements, Known Issues, and Fixes

V.2.0.12392

• If the time on your computer was set manually and was not automatically sync'd with a time server, a bug was preventing some instances of Fusion 360 successfully upload data. This is now fixed. 
  • We fixed an issue where a bug in the offline cache workflow where it was preventing some of you from using the Product Design Extension. 
  • CaptainBobSim reported and issue where Fusion 360 was crashing even though he was just creating a simple sketch. We discovered that it as related to how parameters worked. This is now fixed. 
  • 1Macaddict told us that after upgrading to Monterey, his data did not show in the Data Panel until a new folder was created to prompt a sync. This is now fixed.  
  • vrpostcard told us an issue where his manually rotated views on his drawing got reset after he updated his views. which lead to disassociated annotations. This is fixed. 
  • Roland.Kalamar's report of how his new components were not showing properly on an updated drawing is now fixed. 
  • We fixed a crash issue related to rectangular Patterns. 
  • When you are running dual monitors and working on Fusion 360, the right-click menu of the Viewcube would appear on the other screen if the Fusion 360 window was right next to the border between the 2 screens. This is now fixed. 
  • When processing through holes for select by diameter for a setup on the bottom/back of a part with a depth other than the full hole, what should be the bottom of the hole is partially being treated as the top. This is now resolved and through holes are no longer upside down. 

____

V.2.0.12376

Usability

• We fixed an issue where Fusion 360 was crashing when you performed an undo operation after reordering a feature through the timeline.
  • We fixed another crash issue that was occurring when you saved a design and then immediately returned to the home tab.
  • Fixed on Mac: the expression of “File Name” was unexpectedly changed after clicking on the “Use machine configuration” checkbox in NC Program dialog.
  • We fixed a few of the Learn More links for the Product Design Extension items listed in the Extensions dialog so that they are taking you to the correct places.
  • Notification toasts are now working properly when you’re browsing in the home tab.

Modeling

• SaeedHamza, Autodesk Expert Elite member, reported an issue where the Insert Edge tool in the Form environment was showing the wrong preview for positive and negative directions. This is now fixed.
  • We fixed the macOS related issue where Convert Mesh with “Organic ” method didn’t work when the operation was performed in Basefeature (direct modeling) mode.
  • We fixed a number of issues found in the Geometric Pattern command, addressing things like missing manipulators, errors messages about missing target faces, U/V alignment wonkiness, as well as previews not being displayed correctly when you tried to move a component with the Move/Copy tool.
  • We fixed a Plastic Rules issue where if you tried to switch the preset to Fusion 360 Default while you were editing a Draft, Extrude, or Thicken action that was previously applied to a design, Fusion 360 reset the value of Angle 1 to DA, but didn’t remove Angle 2 and change the Draft Sides to "One Side". Now it does.
  • If you toggled a “negative” angle from a Driven Dimension to Driving, the angle unexpectedly changed for some weird reason. Now it will remain as is.
  • One of our Fusion 360 Insiders reported an issue where a slew of incorrect icons were being shown when the Surface Loft command was being used. Sorry about that, those icons are now gone.
  • We fixed an issue where Edit-in-Place workflows were failing if you tried to edit the parent component of the missing x-ref component.
  • Apparently a crash happened when some of you tried to update out-of-date components in your designs. We dug into this and resolved the issue.
  • We resolved some bug alerts that appeared when you tried to Save Copy As on certain missing x-ref components.
  • Fusion 360 was incorrectly not letting you open older versions of a design is the assembly was containing missing x-refs. Now you should be able to open them again.
  • There were a bunch of issues regarding incorrect values if you selected your user-define preset value first for Shell, Draft, and Extrude commands. This is now fixed.
  • The Perimeter offset value In Geometric Pattern didn’t rest to zero after you unchecked “clear perimeter”. Now it does.

Electronics

• We fixed a few localization issues related to how wording was presented for DIP, DIP Sockets, DFN-3 packages.
  • We fixed an issue where Fusion 360 would crash after you created + saved a 3D model from a footprint that was exported from Octopart.
  • Apparently you pressed the Tab key on your keyboard, you were unable to switch between cells in the Package Generator dialog. This is now fixed.

Drawing

• For some weird reason, even if the missing x-ref was properly deleted from the Edit-in-Place workflow, Fusion 360 prevented you from creating a drawing. This is now fixed.
  • A bug was causing CERs to grab the wrong macOS version numbers. Now it’s grabbing the correct one.
  • A few of you reported that sending a drawing that was created from a previously saved template to Print was causing Fusion 360 to hang indefinitely. This is now fixed.

Manufacture

• Some parameters in FFF Print Settings were not properly remembered after you edited them; they reverted back to Fusion 360’s default values. Now they are correctly remembered.
  • Also, edited print settings were incorrectly being selected when you canceled out of the select print setting dialog. This is now fixed.
  • If you created supports for a SLM machine in Fusion 360 and exported setup with the “3MP scene export” tool as a 3MF, bringing it into another software such as Cura would reveal that the position of the support for the component was wrong. This is now fixed.
  • We fixed an issue with certain turning profile finishing operations where the retract was a dog leg rapid move instead of a simple vertical move.
  • There was a bug that was causing the “Activate” button for a given setup to become deactivate for no reason when you were in the middle of editing operations. Sometimes, if you tried to activate the setup after a redo/undo action, Fusion 360 would hang. We have squashed this bug and now activate setup should work as expected.
  • jimmyjames213 posted on the forum about how the Additive Print Settings he changed did not save properly. This is now fixed.
  • We fixed an issue for certain turning profile finishing toolpaths where the tool was incorrectly machining behind the part.
  • We also fixed an issue with certain turning profile finishing toolpaths where the tool was gouging into the model while leading out.
  • There was an issue with certain turning profile roughing toolpaths with back to front direction where they were gouging into the model. This is now fixed.
  • We updated our kernel, which fixed fixed an issue with certain profile finishing operations using a round insert grooving tool that were giving a cam kernel error. Square Groove tool no longer cuts where it shouldn’t, lead gouge detection with part contour is now improved.
  • The updated kernel also fixed an issue with certain turning profile roughing operations with canned cycle output turned on where X coordinates of the canned cycle profile were incorrect.

API

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

This is great. Many thanks

Message 3 of 23
niemannjw
in reply to: keqingsong

There is still an issue with drill through depth on holes with chamfers.

I got into the habit of selecting the top and bottom chamfers of holes because auto merge hole segments NEVER included counter bores on the bottom of holes. Selecting top and bottom chamfer with c-bore on bottom no longer merges hole segment like it use to. It now says selected face may not be safe for cutting at current tool orientation.

BOTTOM CHAMFER MAY NOT BE SAFE FOR CUTTING.jpg

Drilling a hole chamfers selected and break through depth set to 0. goes too deep.

CHAMFER DRILL THROUGH DEPTH INCORRECT.jpg

Also selecting the hole not the chamfer for spot drilling will go to the chamfer width not the hole like it use to.

SPOT TO CHAMFER NOT HOLE.jpg

Message 4 of 23

Tested and works correctly

Message 5 of 23

I've been using this everyday for about 4 years. About 2 months ago it changed and is not right.
Message 6 of 23
seth.madore

@niemannjw do you have a file you can share?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 23
niemannjw
in reply to: seth.madore

Here is a simple model with two chamfered holes to demonstrate what I am encountering on all other models.

This time I extruded the holes instead of using "Hole" in Design and it at least merged the hole segments like it normally does if top and bottom chamfer are selected, but still shows it drilling way past the bottom of the holes. Both holes look to be at different depths, like its drilling to a 45 deg. point below the holes.

For spot drilling, I selected the chamfer on one and the hole on the other. It shows it drilling to the chamfer on both. If the hole was selected it use to drill to the hole diameter.

Message 8 of 23

When I am in sketch mode I am not able to move lines that we perviously made before this update (even when they are not constrained).  This is a new bug that I have never seen before.

Message 9 of 23
FrodoLoggins

Any reason why for the past ~6 months not all improvements get posted? I read every article and I'm often finding when using Fusion that something changed that wasn't disclosed at all in any literature.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 10 of 23
csmithQ9RTJ

thank you so much for looking at turning issues!

Message 11 of 23
ECPIRO

ECPIRO_0-1644486226382.png

ECPIRO_1-1644486261826.png

This only happens for: "Selection Mode - diameter range".
If "Selection Mode - Selected face" there is no such problem.

ECPIRO_2-1644486493163.png

Message 12 of 23
seth.madore

@ECPIRO @niemannjw I've logged this as CAM-34671

Seth Madore
Message 13 of 23
in reply to: 5241693

I would like a response soon.  This is a major problem for me.  As you can see in the screenshot the end of the line should be movable but it is not!!!

Message 14 of 23
niemannjw

Also, if you select the chamfer of a hole with a tap or counter-bore, the model will disappear and display, "Error
! Parameters
*Chamfer width: The tool must have a tip angle or a taper angle."
and display a cycle time of 2,562,047,788:00:54. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to be around in 272,471 years.
Message 15 of 23
seth.madore
in reply to: niemannjw

Well, I suppose we could discuss a philosophical and existential point of view about us being carbon based and our "essence" would just be recycled, so we'd actually still be around in some form, but it's too early and not enough coffee/alcohol for that discussion 😄

To the other matter, could you share a sample file that's doing this? I suspect it's all tied into the same drill bug, which we do have a fix for and will see in the next couple of updates.

Seth Madore
Message 16 of 23
niemannjw

Got an update this morning 2-17-22. I see some improvement. Taps and counter-bores work again while selecting chamfers. Other issues still remain with drilling holes with chamfers. 

Including .f3d file this time with 4 setups. Two from the top, two from the bottom, one with holes selected and the other with chamfers selected. Added notes to each tool path.

Message 17 of 23
seth.madore

-delete-

Seth Madore
Message 18 of 23
seth.madore

Give this a listen and let me know if you disagree with my assessments

Seth Madore
Message 19 of 23
cpm64

v2.0.12392 . I cannot open most of the files older than ~1month. The issue is described in this post: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/can-t-open-any-file-that-s-older-than-about-one-we...

Message 20 of 23
niemannjw

Thank you for your detailed video reply. My entire problem with this is, selecting chamfers worked for years before an update a couple months ago. Too many updates disrupt work flow. All updates should be tested for bugs before released to general public.

Here is an updated model with better explanations why I have always selected chamfers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report