Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning BUG.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HughesTooling
755 Views, 2 Replies

Dimensioning BUG.

I've noticed for a while sometimes the dimension command fails and the dimension mode cancels. I've finally figured out what's going on, if there is any mouse movement when you click on a line\curve the dimension mode is canceled. You can click on an empty space with the mouse moving and the mode is not canceled but if it happens on sketch geometry dimensioning is canceled and you have to press D to re enter dimension mode.

Screencast shows the problem, exaggerated to force the problem.. 

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@HughesTooling,

Thanks for posting that.  The video helps a lot.  I understand what is going on, I think.  When you click and drag over an object it's trying to start a new command (a drag of the object), which cancels the dimension command.  I agree that this is bad behavior.  I'll log this one, and I think we probably should disable drag while any other command is active.  Interesting, now that I understand what is going on, that we've not heard this before (or at least that I know of).

filed as FUS-34319

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3

I've seen it a lot in screencasts on the forum. Someone tries to a a dimension and the first click clears the dimension mode but it's so intermittent I couldn't reproduce. Here's another related one I think has been reported before. If you drag on the second click, as you stated Fusion switches to drag mode and cancels dimensioning obvious with a long drag but easy to make a small move and leave you wondering why the dimension failed.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report