Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived component not bringing across joint origins

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
eng
Enthusiast
2341 Views, 9 Replies

Derived component not bringing across joint origins

When creating a derived component, specified from the component browser level or elsewhere, the system is not bringing across joint origins to the new target assy. All the other bits of sketches, joints etc are there. The information for the joint origins is present in the target's parameter table but not in the browser tree.

Hicups aside the new derive workflow looks like a very useful candidate for working with master sketches.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
kgrunawalt
in reply to: eng

Yes Joint Origins are not currently derived. I'll note this post in our backlog of derive todos.

Message 3 of 10
eng
Enthusiast
in reply to: kgrunawalt

Thankyou. Joint origins will provide one more facet to the necessary set of resources to work effectively with master sketches.

The initial tests which we have run for the master sketch workflow for use in large complex hierarchical assemblies have been quite promising. The ability to change visibility in the target assembly on the derived components and geometry without disturbing the original component file is a boon.

The derived functionality is a strong adition to the Fusion system.

Message 4 of 10
krokocad

Any updates?

Message 5 of 10
danQ84DJ
in reply to: krokocad

I would also LOVE to get this, It's essential in setting up preexisting components where they can attach! Like 80-20, I assumed it would bring joint origins about to derived part. Nope, I have to create new origins for each piece. Just creating all the possible joints was crazy, then using the "join" tool to "subtract" pockets, not intuitive at all. Solidworks is way easier than this. I thought this setup would be amazing, you know once I got it going, this lack of essential feature killed it dead in it's tracks. Spent hours making these parts and origins, now... Useless... I think more people get annoyed spending their time setting things up just to find out , again, fusion does not support this feature after extensive searching.

Message 6 of 10
kgrunawalt
in reply to: danQ84DJ

It is definitely on our radar. Thanks for the feedback!
Message 7 of 10
punisher

UGGGHHH!!!

I can't believe I went through all this time deconstructing a large assembly (it just can't handle the load) into sub-group derived components, only to find that the joint origins do not derive. What a waste of time.

The only reason we're using joint origins is because we can't use joints on planes and construction objects.  This is massively frustrating. We are expected to play by Fusion's new rules, but are not given enough tools to complete a project......

Anyway, if we are going to have to rely on joint origins, then PLEASE implement these in the derived components in the near future.

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
Message 8 of 10
kgrunawalt

The latest release supports joint origin derive

Message 9 of 10
Anugrah.Andisetiawan

Now I can derive all joints from derived components, how can I delete a particular joints? There's no "delete" command in right click menu from derived joints in derived components.

Message 10 of 10

You cannot delete joint origins from derived components. That can only be done in the source design, but then obviously deletes the joint origin in all designs derived from that source.

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report