Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash when creating web

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
wcf5016
810 Views, 7 Replies

Crash when creating web

First of all, I'm very new to Fusion 360 and CAD in general. That being said I'm stuck scratching my head. I tried creating a web for the first time and every time I try to create the feature Fusion 360 crashes at the exact same point. I cleared out a rectangle in my part, then I click create web. I choose a few sketch lines and create the web. That part works. Whenever I try to create the next web feature I go to select the sketch line that I want to create a web from and the application immediately crashes. Just from clicking on the line, not even clicking "ok" to create the web. I tried working in a different order starting on another area of my part and that worked until I get back to the line that was giving me problems before. Whenever I click on that same line it crashes. It's like this sketch line is an e-stop!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled Fusion 360 and I'm still having the issue. I know my computer has the right specs because I bought it brand new two weeks ago to use specifically for Fusion 360. Dell Inspiron, i5-7300HQ, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, NVIDIA GEGORCE GTX 1050Ti 4GB discrete GPU. I've only been creating single component models so I'm sure my that system is more than powerful enough to handle it. I'd appreciate any help or advice you can provide. I'm very frustrated and don't know what to try next.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
davebYYPCU
in reply to: wcf5016

Without your file to test with that line, you have made a clear statement.

Use File > Export, save local, then attach to another message here.

Message 3 of 8
I_Forge_KC
in reply to: davebYYPCU

I had multiple crashes yesterday as well on webs. Same state as you - you click the sketch line and poof.

I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it though. If your file is a reliable failure, then do please upload it or share it.

K. Cornett
Generative Design Consultant / Trainer

Message 4 of 8
wcf5016
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Here's the file. The line I was having trouble with is the one passing diagonally through the circle on the left. I made all other lines construction lines to differentiate. I just tested it again and whenever I selected that line first I was able to web, but it now crashed when I selected the line that bisects it. Very confused...

Message 5 of 8
jeff_strater

@wcf5016, was it this curve you were trying to select?

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 7.33.53 AM.png

One thing I noticed about Web that I had not noticed before is that there is no "Chaining" control.  So, if I try to create a new web with this curve, it selects everything connected to it, including some lines which already have a web associated:

2018-11-29_07-34-33.png

I can see where this might cause Fusion headaches, since the generated geometry will completely overlap the existing geometry.

Even so, I did not see a crash.  But that could be a slightly different order of doing things.

I also rolled back before the first web and created a single web with all those lines, and that also worked for me:

2018-11-29_07-41-31.png

I'm on a Mac (not sure if that makes any difference or not).

Let me know if you are doing things in a different order from me, or if I have anything else incorrect.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 8
wcf5016
in reply to: jeff_strater

@jeff_strater Thanks for helping. Yes, that's the curve I was having trouble with. And like I said, I was able to make it work whenever I chose that curve first but now whenever I try to continue and click on the other diagonal that bisects it to create a web it crashes. I'll attempt to recreate the order you worked in and see if that changes anything. I'll also play around with it some more and try other combinations. I'll report back with my findings.

Message 7 of 8
Phil.E

@wcf5016 Thanks for the model. I can repeat the crash and therefore it can be debugged and fixed. Your help is always important and appreciated in these unfortunate events. Please let us know if you have more questions, and thanks again for sending in those CER reports!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
wcf5016
in reply to: Phil.E

@Phil.E Well that's a relief! thank you for helping.

@jeff_strater I was able to get past the issue by deleting all the lines and redrawing each one with it's own sketch instead of all in one and then webbing one at a time. Although, I didn't try to recreate the issue before doing that so I'm not sure if that did the trick or if a bug was fixed. Either way I'm able to progress now so I'm happy!! 

Thanks everyone for you help. This was my first time using the support thread and it's awesome to see how quickly people chime in to help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report