Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash to desktop switching to manufacturing workspace

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BobVawter
675 Views, 3 Replies

Crash to desktop switching to manufacturing workspace

I have a design which reliably causes a crash-to-desktop on both Mac and Windows installations of Fusion due to what looks like a stack overflow when switching to the manufacture workspace.  It crashes so hard the normal error-reporting framework doesn't fire, and I'm left with the "Report to Apple" stack dump (attached).

I've tried exporting an f3z archive and re-importing, which also triggers the crash.

Is there a way through the scripting API to delete the setups or entirely reset the CAM workspace?  This particular file has several fixtures that I'm hoping to not to have to rebuild; the CAM operations would be straightforward to recreate from an earlier version of the design which does not crash.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karina.harper
in reply to: BobVawter

Hi @BobVawter 

Can you attach the file here? There is a way to remove the CAM data if you send over the .f3z. How is your local memory? Do you have a good amount of free space?

Cheers,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 3 of 4
BobVawter
in reply to: karina.harper

@karina.harper I wasn't able to get permission from my customer to send the file out.  However, I spent some time poking at the f3z and enclosed f3d files to see that they're just zip archives.  I was able to drill in and remove the `Toolpath/` directory in the design, which achieved the desired effect of resetting the Manufacturing workspace.

In poking around some more, I've been able to create a minimal reproduction case:

* Create a Setup1

* Add a Manual NC Comment

* Add a 3d adaptive clearing operation

* Create a new Setup2, with "use stock from previous operation" and just reverse the Z axis

* Add a Manual NC Comment to Setup2

* Add a 3d Adaptive to Setup2

* Add a Manual NC Comment to Setup2

* It crashes here 2/3rds of the time.

* Otherwise, re-order the second manual NC above the adaptive clearing op

* It hasn't failed to crash here.

This reproduces the stack overflow in libIronCore10.dylib that's attached in my initial post.  See attached screenshot from right before a crash adding the third Manual NC Comment.

Message 4 of 4
karina.harper
in reply to: BobVawter

Hi @BobVawter 

Yep, I was able to reproduce this crash. I'll log it with the team so they can have a look!

Thanks for doing the legwork here 🙂

Cheers,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report