Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing the Fusion 360 Feedback Hub!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jodom4
3674 Views, 6 Replies

Announcing the Fusion 360 Feedback Hub!

You’re the best community ever

Now that Fusion 360 is six years old, and although there’s a wide array of improvements and additional capability in its future, it is becoming a more mature product. In this time, the IdeaStation has been a valuable source of feedback, brilliant new ideas, and improvements to existing workflows. It has played a crucial role in shaping Fusion 360’s roadmap and has helped us balance our priorities. Your input has been a critical part of the development process.

The IdeaStation now has an incredible amount of customer input, with over 8,000 ideas. However, due to the sheer volume of ideas, there are often great nuggets of feedback that get lost, and are frequently repeated in multiple posts by different users. Even for the ideas we’ve accepted, it’s become difficult to draw attention from the community to influence our active development projects. This, combined with the product’s maturity and our clarity of vision for its future, mean that we need a new way to gather feedback more constructively and efficiently, for you and for us.

Introducing the Fusion 360 Feedback Hub

Today we’re announcing the new Feedback Hub. This will be a new forum, with an experience similar to the IdeaStation, but with a few key differences. Autodesk staff will be soliciting your input on specific features, improvements, experience, bug priorities, conducting studies / surveys, and previews, to name a few.  Autodesk Product Managers, User Experience designers, and Researchers will have posting privileges on this new forum, and everyone will have commenting privileges.

In an effort to make sure you've always got an avenue to give us new ideas, each product manager will be creating a post soliciting ideas from you. These posts will ask for your ideas in specific categories (Model, Sketch, CAM, etc.), keeping the conversation focused and keeping you connected to the people driving the product.

Please follow this link and help us make Fusion 360 better for you:https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-feedback-hub/bd-p/6069

Jonathan Odom
Community Manager + Content Creator
Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Scoox
in reply to: jodom4

Cool! Just posted a reply on a specific topic. I had previously posted the same suggestion on the IdeaStation some time ago. Hopefully it'll get noticed now that feedback has explicitly been requested. Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
shiraz14
in reply to: jodom4

I tried posting feedback into the Fusion 360 feedback hub (via the provided link at https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-feedback-hub/bd-p/6069), but it seems that I receive an error ("Access Denied") message which says "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue." Attached is a screenshot depicting this issue.

Why are Fusion 360 users (such as myself) not allowed to post our comments/feedback into the Fusion 360 Feedback Hub?

Message 4 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: shiraz14

Creating a new thread is only possible by Autodesk employees. Were you trying to start or reply to a thread?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 7
shiraz14
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I was attempting to start a new thread. It's strange that Autodesk only allows its employees to start a new thread, when it is actually the users (often the customers) who have suggestions and feedback to raise to Autodesk, including the need to include new features to optimize workflow, production, etc. By only allowing employees the privilege to create new threads in a Feedback forum & other users (non-employees) to only comment on an existing Open thread, Autodesk is constraining itself to only take feedback/suggestions from its employees on new initiatives, and expects its other customers/users to simply play a passive role by commenting on the suggestions initiated by the employees. Wouldn't this defeat the purpose of providing feedback in the first instance, and potentially impede the growth of a company such as Autodesk? Instead, if Autodesk were to allow any of its users to initiate a discussion/start a new thread on the Feedback portal, there would (undeniably) be more recommendations and suggestions for new features, etc, which would (in turn) spur the growth of Autodesk as an organization.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
jeff_strater
in reply to: shiraz14

here is the explanation:  preview-functionality-and-ideastation-to-be-archived 

tl;dr version:  There were so many Ideas that it became unmanageable - we were drowning in Ideas.  So, we're trying something new. 

Feel free to suggest new functionality on the design, validate, document forum.  We do look at these, and sometimes they do get implemented, but there is no formal "idea status" on that forum - no "accepted", "archived", etc.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 7 of 7
shiraz14
in reply to: jeff_strater

@jeff_strater 

Thanks for your reply.

Just a couple of things here:

1. I can't access the link you provided as well - the same "Access Denied" message appears.

2. I've made a couple of suggestions for having a zoom scaling function (including 1:1 real size zoom) within the Fusion 360 workspace and a quantity variable for rectangular patterns in Fusion 360. You may see more details for each of these suggestions at https://autode.sk/3lW5z1f and https://autode.sk/35ZtTJU. Generally though, I am not certain on how often suggestions made by the community users on these Forums are even read and considered by Autodesk staff for potential implementation in a future release of Fusion 360.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report