Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dConnexion SpacePilot no longer working after 2.0.11680 update

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
bpmarshall
912 Views, 16 Replies

3dConnexion SpacePilot no longer working after 2.0.11680 update

Hi I've got a 3D Connexion Spacepilot that's been working for years, but after the latest update in doesn't work any more.

I've tried doing a clean uninstall, and updating to the latest compatible drivers (10.4.10), but the pan zoom capability doesn't work in F360, but it still works in the 3Dconnexion apps fine.

I'm wondering if the update to the latest 3DConnexion SDK (now that its out of preview) has made my space pilot incompatible? Can this be fixed, or is it due to the new SDK not working with my driver version?

Can I roll back my version of F360 in the short term to get the functionality back? 

Any thought would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Barry M

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
autodeskB6XZM
in reply to: bpmarshall

I had the same problem and managed to go back to the previous version (Win7). To do that go to the directory
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\
and you will see a lot of folders with names like "96174d2c4918a1a613b00371fd422e0f30e1d187"
Each one of these folders contains a version. Sort the folders by date and delete the latest folder (version).
Now you can run fusion.exe from the next latest folder (previous version), for example
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\96174d2c4918a1a613b00371fd422e0f30e1d187\Fusion360.exe

To stop fusion automatically downloading the new version again you need to remove or rename or bloc streamer.exe

You can find it in the base path

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\meta\streamer

it will also be in a folder with a long name such as

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\meta\streamer\20211102110600\streamer.exe

Later if you decide to update again later, just restore streamer.exe.

Hope this helps, worked for me.

Message 3 of 17
creator_215

Because of de- and re-install i have no older version.

Is there some1 who may offer me a version where i can use my spacePilot? Thank you a lot. 

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 17
kgoodallMH234

I have the same problem, my SpacePilot Pro with 10.4.10 3dxWare has suddenly stopped working--only in Fusion 360. At first I thought it was just another fluke (much like how it requires juggling with the browser to recognize Fusion instead of seeing "Inventor"), and I rebooted (via a hard shutdown to ensure the SpacePilot was powered down fully). Then reinstalled Fusion 360. Then reinstalled 3dxWare. With reboots and even hard shutdowns between. Then realized that the latest version of Fusion updated to SDK 4.

When it started, absolutely nothing happened in Fusion 360 when trying to use the puck. Now, if I can get it to see Fusion as "Inventor" it at least has the scroll in/scroll out behavior, but that's it. Keys still work. But the puck does nothing.

Much like creator_215, I no longer have any cached older versions due to re-installing.

Is there any recourse to this except to buy a new SpacePilot/3d mouse? I feel like I'm just totally dead in the water in the middle of a design I was working on without mine 😞

Message 5 of 17
dsp39

My space navigator is completely non-functional after this update, except for the buttons. Autodesk folks please advise, this is a bummer.
Message 6 of 17
henryclarkJNRDQ
in reply to: dsp39

My SpacePilot no longer zooms, pans, rotates or spins since Fusion 360 updated itself to 2.0.11685.

This is extremely annoying.

Autodesk, please fix this.

Message 7 of 17
bpmarshall
in reply to: autodeskB6XZM

Thanks, I'll look into this. Fortunately I didn't reinstall fusion so I should be able to do this to get working again.
This still needs fixing however else it's hundreds of pounds to get a newer version of the space pilot so I can get fusion updates again.
Message 8 of 17
dsp39

OK I was able to get my SpaceNavigator (and that is the specific model I have) to work. It was just a matter of installing the new 3DXConnexion drivers. But these do not automatically update as they did previously, so you have to go find the drivers and install manually. For me I also had to jump through hoops to uninstall the previous drivers, as windows was unable to uninstall these drivers. In the end, this was my process:

1. Re-install 'old' drivers 10.6.whatever it was.

2. Uninstall the drivers I just installed. 

3. Install newest new drivers. 

4. Now everything works and is happy.

Message 9 of 17
creator_215

would be great to hear if u got it working with a older version. and mybe you can share this version with us?

Message 10 of 17
creator_215

the newest driver 3DxWare64_v10-8-3_r3389.exe does not work with SpacePilot SP1 USB.

Message 11 of 17
bpmarshall
in reply to: creator_215

The latest extended support driver for the space pilot is 10.4.10. anything later than this doesn't recognise the device.

Message 12 of 17
bpmarshall

The dev team have replied via the linked post. A minor update will provide a legacy support option to hopefully fix our issues. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/fusion-360-support-for-older-3dconnexion-spacemous... 

Message 13 of 17
Phil.E

There is an update to Fusion 360 to address the following issues for customers using Windows:

• Support for older 3Dconnexion devices
  • 3Dconnexion pan and zoom behavior in Sketch mode

The update includes a new preference to use the legacy 3Dconnexion drivers for the experience of the previous integration between Fusion and 3Dconnexion devices. If you have an older device, it should be supported by the Legacy driver setting in Fusion.

Note: This will also remove the newest features like constrained orbit, and advanced button customization features, but only temporarily. We are currently working with 3Dconnexion on a solution for the sketch pan/zoom behavior that is intended to provide both the latest functionality as well as options for sketch behavior.

PhilE_0-1639444996140.png

To get the latest build, 2.0.11894:

1. Restart Fusion 360
  2. Watch the Job Status indicator
  3. When complete, click Restart Fusion

To get the Legacy driver option:

1. Open Preferences
  2. Click the dropdown next to SpaceMouse driver
  3. Select Legacy
  4. When prompted, restart Fusion

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 17
fsteinerU7CKZ

Sorry to necropost this but there are a ton of of cheap and pristine "3dConnexion Space Pilot" devices in ebay. I just got one for about USD$40 [shipping included] and was unable to use it because quite frankly it is a tricky setup. If you find yourself amidst this problem here is my recommendation to put quality hardware for the cheap in every laptop and workstation in your workshop:

1. Don't connect anything.

2. Get the v3.16.3 driver installer [but don't install that yet] from here.

3. Right click the executable and select "Run as administrator"

4. Do a complete setup with your browser closed [yeah, this window too], restart the computer if requested.

5. Connect the SpacePilot.

6. Run Fusion 360

7. On the top right of Fusion, click the icon for your profile [I'm using Fusion360 v2.0.12670 on Windows 10x64 but you know how they change everything without notice or regard], then go:

Preferences> General [in left panel] > Preferences controlling general UI behavior > SpaceMouse driver: Legacy

8. Close every Fusion360 instance and open one again. Open a model to try the puck of the SpacePilot; if the puck works most likely everything else will.

9. You're golden.

Message 15 of 17

Thanks for these instructions. I'm sure they'll help a lot of people.

After some experimenting, I found that the 3DxWare 10 Version 10.4.10 works
with the Space Pilot but anything later doesn't.
Message 16 of 17
asnider04
in reply to: fsteinerU7CKZ

I have tried fsteiner's method as well as many others. I have a legacy SpacePilot SP-1 and have run through several different Drivers (3.16.3  & 10.4.10) with no Luck. 

My Puck will not respond for Fusion360 only. Other features appear to work. 

I have rebooted many times as well as have Fusion360 set to "Legacy" driver support in preferences.  Tried cleaning my registry. Tried hard reset of spacepilot holding buttons 1&2 and plugging in and waititng for 15 seconds multiple times. 

Is any one else still having issues? I am running out of ideas and loathing having to sell my new to me space pilot and drop $ on a new one when i have used this model in many other programs for years. 

Message 17 of 17
Alex_C1
in reply to: fsteinerU7CKZ

Thx. I have an old space pilot, that stopped working after reinstall... Going to fusion and going to preference -> spacemouse driver -> then changing it back to legacy worked. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report