Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock won't properly Simulate after Update

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
evan.lacava
659 Views, 5 Replies

Stock won't properly Simulate after Update

My CAM stock isn't simming properly when i run a complete toolparth simulation, so rest machining isn't working.  

In-process stock sims properly when clicking each individual toolpath...but it's just showing a square when simulating the whole thing.  tools aren't removing material.  

Of course this job is due by EOD and CAM is acting up.  Any fixes available for this? 

Thanks!! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: evan.lacava

Square stock at Sim (when something else has been defined) is a telltale sign that you're likely in "Fast Mode -3 axis only-"

2020-09-17_08h12_28.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
evan.lacava
in reply to: seth.madore

Got it!  The update must have switched that and I didn't notice...

But the Rest machining still isn't functioning in this file for me, it's trying to clear away previously drilled material.  Any idea why?  I've tried creating new stock body for it to look at and it's still doing the same thing

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore

Hmm, that is odd. I'll try to look into that at some point today, poke me later if you don't hear anything back or no one else has chimed in

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
evan.lacava
in reply to: seth.madore

Thank you!

It's odd...still doing the same thing when using 3d adaptive while in turning. 

sitting here camming....I saved the simulated stock and created a second op on the mill, same 3d adaptive toolpath and same tool, and it's recognizing the setup stock and not trying to clear material there. 

So it's a turning-only issue I assume?  Here's an updated file with OP 2 working properly 

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

Yep, this certainly does seem tied to any turning toolpath. Just suppressing your turning toolpaths will create an Adaptive toolpath that recognizes the drilled hole:

2020-09-18_08h03_34.png

 As a clunky workaround, you could suppress, generate your Adaptive, lock the toolpath and then un-suppress your turning....

I've logged this as CAM-24640

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report