Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup License - Rotary CAM tool

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
khturnings
552 Views, 12 Replies

Startup License - Rotary CAM tool

Hi

I would like to learn how to use the Rotary CAM tool as demonstrated by someone on a YouTube video.
However I am using a startup license and that tool does not appear in the MultiAxis drop down list.

IS this option not available to a startup?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: khturnings

Rotary is currently in Public Preview, you should have access to it. However, once it is released as a fully viable toolpath, it will be offered in the Extensions, which are only available to Commercial Subscribers.

To enable it:

1. Go up to the File and turn on "Show Text Commands"
  2. Set to "Txt" (the default is "Py" I believe)
  3. type in "cam.f" in the text box and hit the enter key on the keyboard.
  4. That's it, the new strategies are now available for testing!

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 13
johnswetz1982
in reply to: seth.madore

This is going behind paywall? Booo. At least I know to post out all my code and save it now.

Message 4 of 13
daniel_lyall

Bugger I was hoping to be able to use it legitimately, O well it happens.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 13
khturnings

Thank you for your reply.
I am very disappointed that this feature with not be available under a startup license. 
Please can you explain why a startup business is not a commercial business? The only difference is in the turnover.
At this time my turnover is very low, but to progress my business I need to be able to complete tasks that require a rotary axis. I can't outlay for a yearly cost so I will not be able to progress the business to build a higher turnover.

I hope you see the issue and can explain the license differences in a satisfactory way.

Message 6 of 13
johnswetz1982

its not a startup versus commercial license thing. You can get Extensions with the startup license and if rotary is need for your business you should, it is still fairly cheap. My complaint was just that I would rarely use it except when I would want to mess around or test something with it and I would have to pay to do so.   

Message 7 of 13
khturnings
in reply to: johnswetz1982

Hi
This is an more interesting proposal - how do I go about purchasing the rotary extension?

Message 8 of 13
daniel_lyall

Go here http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-EEE56836-C03A-4B10-A51C-A6203CF46AC4

it is under Extensions and cloud credits

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 9 of 13
johnswetz1982

You can try it for free while its still under development, But what Seth was saying is that at some point it will be moved to the Extensions paid collection. use it for free now and make sure that it is what you want.

Message 10 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: daniel_lyall

@daniel_lyall, not quite:

That was from the link you pointed to. I don't believe Startup subs are included in that description.

2019-10-06_19h00_10.png

@khturnings Do you have the Blue Wrench icon on your screen? I don't have a Startup account on any PC I have, so I can't confirm or deny it's existence.

Seth Madore
Message 11 of 13
khturnings

No I don't have a blue wrench in my screen.

I also looked at the cloud credits section and there did not seem to be a way to access cloud credits either.

Message 12 of 13
seth.madore

Then, as I suspected, Extensions are not an option for the Startup license.

Seth Madore
Message 13 of 13
khturnings

Looks with the changes to the licenses I will be switching to Hobby license as I only occasionally use Fusion and am way under the $1000 limit.
Not sure if this will be available in Hobby but I doubt it so I guess I will have to get by.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report