Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal CAM kernel error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jas.okon
273 Views, 5 Replies

Internal CAM kernel error

After last update I started to run into problems with Internal CAM kernel error.

I had this with one of my turning projects, so I said i'll do some other work but than i ran into same thing in another project.

I'm uploading my current project as this error message isn't communicating what i'm doing wrong, just 

"Internal CAM kernel error. Please report through your support channel."

this happens only at rough or finish turning operation. When i use old "turning profile" operation everything is ok.

I had no similar problem in earlier update.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: jas.okon

After flipping through all the settings and playing with it a bit, it seems that the unequal Leave Allowance is what's throwing it off. If you set both X and Z to .5, it succeeds. Can you use that as a workaround? Obviously there's something going on, and half a MM is a fair amount of material....

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
jas.okon
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi, @seth.madore 

i've seen patchnotes and went to do some testing. Unfortunately there are still some problems with those operations.

See attached file.

if i set the roughing operations to start at 0 diameter it works with uneven allowance, but if I set it from 100mm diameter it still bugs out with kernel error. With even X and Z alowance it works normally.

Message 4 of 6
VicKosta

I always start turning with sketch of sectional view, make model by revolving it around Z axis, having fillets, chamfers and tolerances in sink with print. Later, if I have to use sketch to define cut,.... I can.

I do the same with customer supplied models.

I am not making case for basing turning on sketch or model exclusively, for now, it looks like we need both and one way or another I have to make parts.

2020-04-30 05_36_30-Window.png2020-04-30 05_29_19-Window.png

Message 5 of 6
jas.okon
in reply to: VicKosta

huh thats even more bizzare that it works if you pick contour manually. Thefinitely there is something weird in the code.

But I don't understand that picture on the left. i don't see that line either on my example or in your file.

Message 6 of 6
VicKosta

Picture on the left is my attempt to pick sketched lines from your file, marked line is part of flange sketch which I corrected on my file and that's why you don't see it there.

Sketch of a part sectional view must be one continuous and closed loop, no cross lies between outside and inside dimensions. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report