Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import SVG to fusion 360 from inkscape

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
carsten.johanssonCQAFK
1913 Views, 4 Replies

import SVG to fusion 360 from inkscape

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I give it a try.

I have a image that I have convert to SVG with Inkscape.

I have select ungroup and save it and then import it in Fusion 360.

That I want to do is not engraving the image because I do not want to make a "hole" where the text is and the image. I want to make the "hole" around the text and image.

The problem I have (I think that is the problem) is the SVG file have alot of  and alot of line even if that is just a straight line it have have at least two and when fusion trying to read them all it freeze for a while and somtime the program stop working. I have try with at least 8 times now but same problem. I have scale the SVG to think that is the problem but is not. 

I have attached a image that show the SVG have alot of dot in Fusion 360 and maybe that is the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Can you use the insert pic tool it is the camera icon above attaching images seems to be broken. 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5

tiger.PNG

Message 4 of 5

That is normal for how fusion opens SVG.

You can try extruding the object and deleting the SVG.

Use a .dxf instead and or doing the same thing as above.

Reproduces the object in fusion the only part that looks hard is the lions head.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 5

what is the best format to save a bitmap from Inkscape which will be imported into Fusion 360. There are several options in inkscape such as 12 or 14 dxf, different svg's etc. Does anyone know which one fusion 360 would do most easily without alot of editing? tyia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report