Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ! Avoid/touch needed for toolpath

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Goysimon
969 Views, 15 Replies

Help ! Avoid/touch needed for toolpath

Hi guys!

I've take a look on the forum but i haven't find what i'm looking for.

Context :  i'm using Fusion 360 for milling some modified feet for orthopedic use, like manufacturing orthotics soles, etc. I'm using a setup template that i've created few month ago. 

The template represente the CNC table that im using, and i use Scallop for milling the foot. 

Everything worked fine until this morning, with a new update.

When i try to generate the toolpath, i got a warning saying ''All surfaces have been set to avoid''

Using a pre-program Template, the scallop setting haven't change. 

In fact, i'v tried to use the Avoid/touch, set it to touch ans selecting my model, but it changes the way the miling goes and increase the time needed for milling on the CNC, (in a crazy way, more the double of the time simulation says)

anyone have seen the same issue?

P.S English is not my first language, sorry if i made mistakes!

Thanks all!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
emilie.a
in reply to: Goysimon

Your English is excellent!

It sounds like we might have broken something. Is it possible for you to share an f3d file with us of a project that shows the problem? I'm trying to understand what combination of settings is causing the problem. We'll try and fix it quick!

Thanks for your help and very sorry for the trouble we have caused.

Emilie.A
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 16
Goysimon
in reply to: emilie.a

Thanks for the quick answer!

Sure! 

As you can see in the project, I had to select the avoid-touch option to generate the toolpath. 

Everything in the project stay exactly the same as I'm using it everyday. Hope it will help to solve the issue!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Message 4 of 16
Goysimon

Hi Again Emilie!

I've got some news about the issues.

Actually, I seems to find a way to generate the toolpath as i want it. Rather than selecting each model I want to engrave, I selected the whole table and the toolpath generate properlly.

I don't know if it's gonna help you to fix the problem, but at the moment, it's seems to be a good bypass. 

P.S I leave a screenshot of what i mean by selecting the table rather than the model in the project. Hope I'll help!

Thanks a lot!

Message 5 of 16
emilie.a

Thanks a lot @Goysimon . Our engineers are investigating this problem now. 

(for my own reference: this is CAM-24597)

Emilie.A
Message 6 of 16
jn101

Yes, same problem for me Emilie. The newest version just downloaded and now I can't edit any 3D finishing toolpaths. 

If its any help:  Roughing seem OK. The 'Invalid Value -  All surfaces have been set to avoid' message comes up when OK'ing after making changes in the toolpath parameters.  This seems to apply to finishing toolpaths generated before the recent update which were working fine before the update. 

Good luck for a speedy resolution!

Message 7 of 16
bharris594

I'm jumping in with what sounds like the same issue.  I'm trying to edit a month old CAM setup and if I simply open the parallel tool path and immediately close without changes I get the same error message "All surfaces have been set to avoid".  All paths generate fine upon fresh file open.  Very new user here so it's been extremely frustrating thinking I was doing something wrong.  Perhaps I still am? 

Message 8 of 16
jn101
in reply to: bharris594

Well, it seems to be a minor glitch in the updated software which isn't correctly handling some files (but not all) created in the older software version.  The issue doesn't seem to be related to which types of finishing toolpaths are used and it doesn't seem to be related to the Avoid/Touch Surfaces option being selected in either that tool path or any other in the same file Geometry.  Let's hope Emilie and her team can can find a solution quickly. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

Same issue here and it appears it's an issue with imported STLs.

Message 10 of 16
robCPY5D

This is broken for us too. 
We are completely shut down.  All Scallop and Pencil tool paths get the same error no matter what settings we have chosen.

Message 11 of 16
robCPY5D
in reply to: robCPY5D

This with a new file.  So it is not isolated to files created in an older version.

This is costing us $600/hour.

HOW CAN WE REVERT TO AN EARLIER VERSION?  WHY DID YOU UPDATE?!

Message 12 of 16
robCPY5D

@Goysimon - THANK YOU!  I was able to use "Avoid Touch Surfaces" select my entire part then invert so it avoids nothing.  Scallop appears to be calculating.  THANK YOU!  

Message 13 of 16
steveBKDRW
in reply to: robCPY5D

My question is with the work around, will those files need to be changed back if an engineering fix is made?

Steve

Message 14 of 16
robCPY5D
in reply to: steveBKDRW

Great question. My guess is no, that those tool paths should continue to
operate as expected since the Avoid Touch Surfaces when inverted with the
checkbox, essentially is null and would remain so even after an update. I
would like to see this confirmed by Autodesk, however. We were successful
in generating paths after employing the workaround for parallel, pencil and
scallop tool paths.
Checkout @mathscaper on Instagram to see what that workaround saved on
Sunday!
Message 15 of 16
emilie.a

Hi all, 

The new update rolling out today should fix this issue.

Sincere apologies for all the trouble this has caused, and many thanks for helping us identify the problem in the first place.

Emilie.A
Message 16 of 16
Goysimon

Thanks a lot @emilie.a !

Work perfectly this morning!

Thanks for the fast update and keep up the good work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report