Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 crashes when I try to create a bore operation

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
JetForMe
1081 Views, 12 Replies

Fusion 360 crashes when I try to create a bore operation

With the enclosed file, try creating a 2D Bore operation for the existing setup (on macOS Mojave). It'll crash. Fusion 360 v2.0.6658 (and the prior version). Also crashes if I try to create a drilling operation. Haven't tried any other ops. 

The stock solid comes from the same body as used for the model body. Dunno if that has anything to do with it.

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: JetForMe

I can confirm this behavior. Troubling turn of events, really....

It works on PC, but that likely doesn't help you....

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 13
jeff.pek

Can you tell  me which OS version you're running? Is it Catalina?

Jeff

Message 4 of 13
jeff.pek

Hi -

Do you know what post processor folder you have specified in the machine configuration in your setup? It looks like if you change that to some other location, the crash won't occur.

Jeff

Message 5 of 13
JetForMe
in reply to: jeff.pek

@jeff.pek wrote:

Can you tell  me which OS version you're running? Is it Catalina?

Jeff

As I mentioned, macOS Mojave (the latest version of it, 10.14.6).

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
Message 6 of 13
JetForMe

@jeff.pek wrote:

Hi -

Do you know what post processor folder you have specified in the machine configuration in your setup? It looks like if you change that to some other location, the crash won't occur.

Jeff

Same as I’ve been using before: 

~/Fusion 360 CAM/nc

I tried changing it to 

~/Desktop

and it still crashes when I try to create an op.

Message 7 of 13
jeff.pek

Can you try a non-custom location? I have a feeling that's part of the problem.

Jeff

Message 8 of 13
JetForMe

@jeff.pek wrote:

Can you try a non-custom location? I have a feeling that's part of the problem.

Jeff

What does that mean? I've never, ever set that location explicitly. The original location was specified by Fusion 360 at some point or another (I wouldn't create directories with spaces in the names). You told me to try another location, so I did.

Message 9 of 13
JetForMe

I tried creating an op in a different file that uses a different machine setup. It works fine, but it uses the same output folder as the file that's crashing.

Message 10 of 13
jeff.pek

Can you share that file? I'd like to see what the difference is.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 11 of 13
JetForMe

@jeff.pek wrote:

Can you share that file? I'd like to see what the difference is.

Thanks,

Jeff

It's attached to the original post.

Message 12 of 13
jeff.pek

The one in the OP is the one that triggers the crash. I'm interested in the (new) one that doesn't. Isn't that different?

Jeff

Message 13 of 13
JetForMe

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. Attached to this post. The machine setup is different, both are machines I created.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report