Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Location for Post Process Files

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
nickfabb
1490 Views, 26 Replies

Default Location for Post Process Files

Running on Mac/Yosemite... How do I change the Default Save-To location for Post Process files? It defaults to a location that I do no want to use.

Thanks for your help. 

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
hewitt.brandt
in reply to: jeff.pek

See attached video that demonstrates how the Post Processor is returning to the "nc" folder.

This seems like a small problem until processing a bunch of files, then it gets old real quick.

Message 22 of 27
Robllewellyn
in reply to: nickfabb

yup, same behaviour for me.. I can change that default location in post processor as much as I like, it defaults back..

I have tried

Using Cloud Library for both machine and post processor

Using a Network drive

Using a local drive instead of network drive

Using a folder within the network drive (not just picking top level)

Using a folder within a local drive

I dont seem to be able to get anything to stick.

Message 23 of 27

Good morning,

We are looking at moving to NC programs to be the default way of post-processing. This will store settings & options that you use for post-processing and should improve the overall experience. To switch this on, enable the 'post-process with NC programs' featureflag in the preferences dialog

GeorgeRoberts_0-1622628974278.png

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 24 of 27

Fusion 360 is still not able to remember my paths - I am looking for the solution suggested here by GeorgeRoberts. 
@GeorgeRoberts : could you point where I can get this done in Fusion360 for Mac?
I have attached a screenshot from my Preferences-pane, where it doesn't give me this option .

I have to say I'm getting pretty disappointed at this moment with this issue which IMO needs just a simple fix.

Message 25 of 27

Good morning, 

The feature I mentioned above can be found inside of the 'preview features' section inside of the preferences dialog: 

GeorgeRoberts_0-1625485500211.png

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 26 of 27
samgaddis
in reply to: GeorgeRoberts

Where exactly is this located? I don't see it.
Message 27 of 27
Robllewellyn
in reply to: nickfabb

It's a shame Post Process doesn't get it. Setup Sheet knows where it's at 😉 Always remembers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report