Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report Turn Minus stock fails!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
HughesTooling
103 Views, 3 Replies

Bug report Turn Minus stock fails!

I've noticed a few areas when Fusion will not produce a toolpath (sometime just a good toolpath), milling and turning if you have a minus stock. I should report these but usually need to get the job done and after the added wasted time trying to get a toolpath just haven't got the time!

Here an example, file attached. I can create a good finish toolpath but fails as soon as I enter a stock of -0.075mm. The good toolpath that's displayed is before changing the setting.

HughesTooling_0-1649871881655.png

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@HughesTooling I'll make a ticket. Thanks for taking the time to post this issue.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 4

@akash.kamoolkar  I've run into these sort of problems with milling when you have touch avoid surfaces selected. It seems like the touch\avoid surfaces need the same offset as you've set for stock allowance, but you're not able to set negative clearances. Sorry don't have an example I can share at the moment.

HughesTooling_0-1649873835333.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

@HughesTooling I've asked someone from the milling side to respond to your question.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report