Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arc radius too small to reach end point

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
derinveron
234 Views, 0 Replies

Arc radius too small to reach end point

Hello everyone, I posted last week about an error message in LinuxCNC that I was getting on all of my files that read "radius to end of arc differs from radius to start". What ended up working to eliminate this message was changing the post processor from LinuxCNC EMC2 to LinuxCNC EMC, as well as unchecking the Lead in and Lead out options, checking "Arc Radius" in the post dialogue box, and changing the tolerance from the default .002 to .0001. I ran about 6 different files today, and never got that error again, but I did get an error on two of those files that said "arc radius too small to reach end point." At this point I have no idea what additional changes I can make to the ones I've implemented already, since I don't understand what's causing Linux to read my files this way in the first place. The files I have are extremely simple. I will attach the two files that did not work here, as well as one of the files that did work.

One more new thing I've noticed, is after a file is finished being cut, instead of the spindle just moving straight up and staying stationary after the last cut, the machine makes a move and takes the bit to the lower right corner of the bed. (sorry if my terminology isn't correct). It has never done this before, wondering what is causing this move and how I can get rid of it. 

unnamed.jpg

Labels (4)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report