Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2022 Post Processor and Machine Simulation What's New

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
andrea.amilo
2607 Views, 0 Replies

April 2022 Post Processor and Machine Simulation What's New

Post Processor and Machine Simulation What's New

Home Page Ok 2022.JPG

Looking for the latest post processors and machines updates? Look no further!

We are continually working hard to bring you updates and improvements to the many open-source Post Processors and Machines we offer for free, but those updates often get lost in the shuffle of other enhancements or big feature releases. This post aims to update you on newly added or improved post processors and machines, so you can stay up to date on what you use today or look for news so you can get the most out of Fusion 360.

This post will get refreshed with notable updates as they’re released, and you can click each hyperlink to go to the mentioned post. As always, you can find the latest in our post processor offering on the Online Post Library where you can search by vendor, type, or name, and see any recent changes to each post processor.

MAIN CONTENTS

1. New Post Processors
  2. Improved Post Processors
  3. New Machines
  4. Documentation
  5. Tools and Tool Holders

Autodesk Fusion 360.jpg

1. New Post Processors

Milling Post Processors

makino a500z.png

Makino a500Z

Preconfigured Makino a500Z post processor with 5 axis support.

Mill-turn Post Processors

mazak ez 10my.png

Mazak EZ 8M, Mazak EZ 8MY, Mazak EZ 8MSY, Mazak EZ 10M, Mazak EZ 10MY, Mazak EZ 10MSY, Mazak EZ 12M, Mazak 12MY, Mazak 12 MSY

Added preconfigured post processors for Mazak EZ models.

Additive Post Processors

dremel.png

Dremel

Post for exporting toolpaths to the Dremel range of printers, 3D40, 3D45.

Waterjet/Laser/Plasma Post Processors

langmuir plasma.png

Langmuir Crossfire Plasma

Post Processor for Langmuir Systems CrossFire Gen2 Plasma systems using the FireControl CNC control.

2. Improved Post Processors

We are always working to keep post processors up to date with new technologies. This is a summary of the main implementations made to post processors already in the library.

Generic Post Processors

Picture1.png

- Updated the generic post processors to use the new WCS definitions.

- Force the coolant codes after a Stop or Optional Stop.

- Post properties are now displayed within tabbed groups in the NC Program dialog.

Milling Post Processors

Picture1.png

Pocket NC, Tormach PathPilot

Always force the feedrate on G94 moves following G93 moves.

anilam iso_thumbnail.png

Anilam Conversational

- Added tapping support to the Anilam conversational post processor.

- Updated the Anilam post processor to use the new WCS definitions.

bridgeport dx32_thumbnail.png

Bridgeport DX-32

The Bridgeport DX32 post processor respects the 'Use tool changer' property.

datron next_thumbnail.pngDatron next, Datron next inspect surface

- Added machine simulation and machine configuration support to the Datron Next posts.

- Fixed syntax issue when property 'Wait after operation' is enabled in the Datron Next posts.

- Fixed missing RTCP command output when using machine configurations.

- Fixed issue with WCS when using zero workoffset in the datron next post processors.

dmg_mori_logo goede.png

DMG Mori NHX with Celos control

Disable smoothing prior to positioning a non-contouring B-axis in the DMG Mori NHX post processor.

haas_thumbnail.png

Haas, Haas VR-8, Haas VR-9, Haas VR-11, Haas VR-14, Haas desktop mill, Haas GM2-5AX, Haas inspect surface, Haas next generation, Haas next generation inspect surface

Get the correct incremental-depth value when using the subroutine pattern in Haas post processors.

hurco_thumbnail.png

Hurco, Hurco Inspect Surface

Corrected the reinstatement of TCP mode during a retract/reconfigure movement in the Hurco post processors.

mach3mill_thumbnail.png

Mach2Mill, Mach3Mill, Mach4Mill

Fixed the WCS range in the Mach post processors.

prototrak_thumbnail.png

ProtoTRAK GCD

General updates to the ProtoTRAK GCD milling post processor.

Turning Post Processors

tormach 8l pathpilot turning_thumbnail.png

Tormach 8L Turning (PathPilot), Tormach 15L and RapidTurn (PathPilot)

- Dwells are now output in seconds in the Tormach turning post processors.

- The Tormach 8L Turning postprocessor now defaults to the QCTP on the Front Tool Post.

Mill-Turn Post Processors

doosan mill-turn fanuc_thumbnail.png

Doosan Mill/Turn with Fanuc 0i/31i control

Optimized the output of the G368 block so its only output when required in the Doosan Mill/Turn post processor.

haas_thumbnail.png

Haas CL-1, Haas DS-30y, Haas ST-10, Haas ST-10y, Haas ST-15, Haas ST-20, Haas ST-20ss, Haas ST-20y, Haas ST-20ssy, Haas ST-25, Haas ST-25y, Haas ST-30, Haas ST-30y, Haas ST-30ss, Haas ST-30ssy, Haas ST-35, Haas ST-35y, Haas ST-40

- Disengage the C-axis during a part transfer in the Haas Mill/Turn posts.

- Remove unnecessary spindle stop after a part transfer & cutoff operation in the Haas Mill/Turn posts.

mazak ez 10my.png

Mazak Integrex i-100, Mazak Integrex i-100S, Mazak Integrex i-200, Mazak Integrex i-200S, Mazak Integrex i-300, Mazak Integrex i-300S, Mazak Integrex i-400, Mazak Integrex i-400S

The spindle is now restarted after a work plane change in the Mazak Integrex i post processors.

3. New Machines

Machine Library

The Machine Library lets you manage your machine tools by using Machine Configurations to define your available machines and resources. These configurations can automate the settings in your Job Setup.

There are many Machine Configurations available in the standard library.

You will have available configuration files for some of the leading machine manufacturers:

machines.png

The easiest way to get started, is to copy an existing configuration that matches some of the characteristics of your machine.

4. Documentation

Post Processor Training Guide

The Post Processor Training Guide has been updated to the latest version of post kernel:

training guide.JPG

Please remember you can find here the latest Post Processor Training Guide.

5. Tools and Tool Holders

The Tool Library lets you manage tools for Milling, Turning, Cutting (waterjet, laser & plasma), Touch Probes and Holders. The Tool Library lets you manage libraries of predefined tools and project documents.

New Tool Library

bits.png

BitsBits Cutting Tools

We are one of the leaders in the manufacturing and supplying of spiral bits, wood router bits, high performance end mills, engraving cutters and many other rotary cutting tools for industrial and medical applications. Our small family business relies on over 30 years of dedicated employee experience and knowledge in these fields. We combined this experience with our state-of-the-art CNC equipment and continuous quality improvements to provide our customers with superior products. In addition, we strive to give every customer fast service at the best price. We continue to introduce new tools to the CNC milling industry, many in response to our customers’ needs. We sell our tools around the globe and most orders can be shipped same day.

Improved Tool Library

IMCO.png

Imco – Solid end mills Metric, Imco – Solid end mills Imperial

Added the preferred cutting presets to the all the IMCO tools.

Click here to see the previous What’s New release.

Andrea Amilo

Senior Technical Consultant

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Fusion 360 Webinars | Autodesk Make
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report