Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version parameter reference for drawings

Version parameter reference for drawings

This may already be a feature I don't know about, but I would like to be able to have a version number parameter that I can enter into the drawing information that would automatically update when the drawing is updated to match that part. It would also be nice to be able to set the date issued to be updated every time you save.

4 Comments
Swarfmaker
Advocate

This is a recurent request that appears under several 'idea' headings. Make sure that you do a quick search and vote for each of them otherwise each individual occurence won't receive enough votes!

pd700
Advocate

This is an important feature which I think should tie together the part version and drawing version. The assembly version will increment, but that is not sufficient.  For, instance if you are doing multiple changes to a part within an assembly  that need to be sent out for prototypes or  drawing release,  I don't think there is an easy way to keep track of the revision.   This is for top-down assembly,  I don't know if part versions/revisions can be tracked with bottom up linked parts.

Pexraytech
Participant

Building in this: an idea where drawings can be embedded in components.. consequently, shared parameters (especially version) and included in saved copies:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation/copy-drawings-with-components-component-or-ass...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report