Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplify Rotating Objects

Simplify Rotating Objects

Generally, when I want to rotate an object, the desired rotational axis is parallel to the X, Y, or Z direction.  If I want to rotate along an axis parallel to Z, I will select the XY construction view.  This makes it easy to see the rotation.  But in Fusion, I must first define a rotational axis, based on a preexisting line.  If there is no line where I want the axis to be, then I must create one.  This requires changing the construction view, creating the line, selecting it, then returning to the original construction view.

It would save time if you could offer 2D or 3D rotation.  For a 2D rotation, I could select the XY construction view, and simply select an XY location as the rotational axis.  The selection could be a freehand left-click, or the XY coordinate could be typed on the keyboard, or an attach point to an object could be left-clicked. 

In situations where the rotational axis is not parallel to the X, Y, or Z axis, 3D rotation could be selected.  Then the rotational axis could be defined by two points in space, which could be selected by clicking points on preexisting objects, or the XYZ coordinates of the two points could be typed using the keyboard.

This would make the process of rotating objects faster and more versatile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report