Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shortcuts / hotkeys for standard Views

shortcuts / hotkeys for standard Views

I would be good to have keyboard shortcuts to change between standard views (Top, Left, Right, ...).

I believe this would be way more convenient than having to click or drag on the view cube.

Shortcuts like ctrl + 1 (top), ctrl + 2 (left), or something similar would fantastic.

9 Comments
SolubleSpork
Advocate

YES! And, like other CAD software I've used, it would be great to map those to the number pad (right sight of the keyboard) versus the top row numbers separately.  I.e. CTRL + 1(num pad) can be the front view, CTRL + 1(top row of keyboard) can be something else.

oyvindTMNSU
Advocate

Fusion 360 team, can you please implement the option to make custom shotcuts for named views asap?? And also for the "look at" function. I have been missing this since i started using Fusion some years ago. The workflow will be A LOT smoother and faster with these shortcuts! 

Brian.Kovesci
Explorer

Totally. The SketchUp commands for F1-F8 are so convenient!

gussycool1
Explorer

I agree with the other comments. I use other software and the shortcut keys move things a lot quicker. Its true

the cube is very slow to an approach that can be quickened.

matthewcarven
Participant

Maybe the Numpad for it? arrows are for X and y and the z could be pgup, pgdn. rotating each plane by 10degrees? Shift to invert direction of 'orbit'. I dunno i am new here please ignore me.

larsen007D24J7
Participant

+1 for the Numpad

titaniumapple
Community Visitor

It's unbelievable that you can't remap the View Cube to the middle mouse button (like Solidworks).

Like, ridiculous - it's used every 5 seconds and you have to consciously move your mouse to turn the object?!?! REALLY puts me off learning Fusion360!

SCRATCH THAT - it's Shift and Middle Mouse Button. Should be re-mappable though!

alpineglobalprivate
Contributor

CUSTOMIZABLE shortcuts: in SolidWorks, I set E R T and Ctrl+E Ctrl+R Ctrl+T

for Front, Right, Top, with the inverse (Ctrl+) for Back, Left, and Bottom

We need [user customizable] shortcuts for:

Normal to: N (which is a toggle: normal-obnormal-normal)

Previous: P (with a history of previous views)

Isometric: I (get back so you know where you are)

zoom Window: W (zoom in on tiny stuff, use P to go back to original view)

Fit: F (just basic functionality in SolidWorks; the cube is VERY slow compared to a memorized key (of our choice))

Thanks for the consideration.

-Christian

PS. the auto-save here in the suggestions is a lifesaver 🙂

EvaAdorable
Community Visitor

Is this seriously not implemented yet?  Please take the time to make these views mappable or just make them the number keys.  I hate having to click on things!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report