Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Tool Library

Share Tool Library

Can we have an option where we can simply select a tool library and share it with another fusion subscriber? It would be useful for not only industry but educational users like myself in a class full of students to train with the same tools. Seems it should be simple enough to share a library off tools if you can share a project. Can you guys make this happen?

7 Comments
SolubleSpork
Advocate

I'd like this a lot.  I am building up a tool library for my cnc machine but I also have a friend that works with a CNC mill at a shop close by.  Having both of us be able to have access to the latest library of tools made up for the machines would help with being able to CAM for each others' machines whenever we are free.  A simple share option that maintains a link or allows both users to update the tool list would be fantastic.

jeszczeraz
Explorer

This is very important feature to every fablab, hackerspace, educational place and all places where are lot of people working on the same machines on different projects. For me it would be really great to see the feature like this in fusion as fast as possible.

miechh
Collaborator

Awesome idea! We are getting to the phase in which our company will try to run Fusion on different locations in the company; one in the office, and one near the CNC machine. If the tool libraries AND the other CAM Assets folders could be shared with multiple users, that would be great!

RSStephens
Contributor

Just a suggestion.

If you add all your tools to a project then share that project you can copy paste to your local library.

Natranzow
Enthusiast
Correct. But that's a work around. If something is.worth doing, it's worth
doing right.
RSStephens
Contributor
Very true, just added a comment as anyone looking can still achieve the end result, a couple of extra steps involved but not more than 5mins work to create a file.
I can also see a few issue's with a shared library, especially in a learning environment 🙂

Natranzow
Enthusiast
No worries. The more notice this gets the .ore chances that they might add
this capability.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report