Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New UI (User interface)

New UI (User interface)

The new user interface is really well made, I just simple suggest to combine the 2 upper bars that are loosing area.

interface_actual.JPG   interface_suggest.jpg

Other that that, it's perfect.

11 Comments
zevster
Advocate
yanouk73
Advocate

The smaller the menu, the bigger become the working area.

The new way the menu are made is allready more efficient, but there is one extra line that should go away.

Careless_
Advocate

I don't think the surround that is created by windows is a space that the program screen elements can occupy unless the program is put into full screen mode.

Though I do think that the Browser Grid, File, Save, Undo/Redo buttons should be brought a touch closer together and put on the same line as the tabs. 

I think the rounded style of the tabs should also be dropped- as that's very 2010. In keeping with the more "metro UI" and the cleaned up tab look of the new macOS, I would say reduce the space consumed by removing the rounded corners and recover the 5 or 6 pixels there.

I'll put together a composite when I open photoshop to do some editing later.

ArnaudvdGaag
Community Visitor

UI looks clean and nice but this bar is really a waste of working space.

lucasliraAU
Collaborator

Hello

I think this current interface is very user-friendly. My thoughts would be -

peças grupos.JPG

Regarding the number of files, the icons in the window could easily be confused during an operation and accidentally flushed the interface of Fusion 360. I believe that is one of the reasons for staying in this format.

Igorva
Advocate

Saving space and a large area for work is good. But perhaps you do not need to remove the top add-on, as new commands and functions will gradually appear and it will come in handy. As in the AutoCAD. 

(sorry for my english)

UI.PNG

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-preview-functionality/new-ui/m-p/8076738/highlight/true#M1...

I just made this post, and just look at how the single largest productivity suite in human history handles it:image.png

All this gruntwork has already been done. Just open Office, copy it, and focus your resources on areas that you actually specialize in.

image.png

I would do bad things to simply hide everything, I already know all the common shortcuts. 'S' brings up an awesome, dynamic searchbox, and your right-click menus are super-comprehensive. Stop hogging my screenspace!

kwongkan
Participant

Basically this:

f360ui.png

BTW I also don't understand why the navy blue...

jrlord001
Participant

I agree Kwongkan, the navy blue seems a little odd. I would like to be able to customize that color. 

Ceecis
Advocate

Careless : Firefox and Chrome do it while not being in fullscreen mode.

9hmg4o4uxijt18vzk60 : Microsoft is notoriously terrible at designing UIs and Office is a great example of that. It is about the last company one would want to take UI design cues from.

brett.helies
Advocate

This would work for me, but I'd make the main icons smaller to take up less room.

F360 titlebar.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report