Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make it possible to use a user parameter with value 0 in sketch dimensions

Make it possible to use a user parameter with value 0 in sketch dimensions

If I create a parameter with value of 0 (so I have the flexibility to change in the future) and use it in a sketch dimension, Fusion doesn't allow me. But if I set the value to non zero (e.g. 0.1) and use it and then go back and change to 0, this is OK. So why not make it possible to do this without these extra steps? (and while I didn't check this right now, having negative values should be possible as well)

1 Comment
HughesTooling
Consultant

Edit miss read your post. The problem is with what's allowed when editing dimensions and yes you can edit a parameter to a negative number after it's used in a dimension but you do need to be careful while editing the sketch because I've had the offset swap sides.

Just want to let you know a workaround, you can set a dimension to zero if you edit it in using it's parameter. This has been asked for a few times so don't know how long we'll have to wait for it to be implemented.

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report