Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laser Raster Engraving

Laser Raster Engraving

With small diode lasers being more and more common today, it would be helpful if there were a way to raster engrave or have a parallel strategy for clearing larger areas than a simple vector line. Even then, with vector cutting, I have to select Plasma and not laser, and use Mach 3 post processor for plasma to get code. Selecting laser within fusion and posting to Mach3 Mill generates an error and no code is output. I use Fusion 360 for everything, but it pains me to have to use Vectric software to raster an image or text. I'm working with the nice people at Opt Lasers in Poland on a plug and play system for use with CNC RouterParts Plug and Play controller for use with Mach 3.

4 Comments
rush0011
Observer

Agreed!

justdogbones
Explorer

Agreed

Chad72
Contributor

More specifically, in order to get the best output using Mach3, the post processor needs to output M10px and M11px commands to turn the laser off and on before each move command.

PerBM
Community Visitor

I am using Fusion360 for engraving with my Laser diode. Even Laser works, but unfortunately only in Contour mode. I need Pocket toolPath for laser engraving. But the minimum diameter size is 1mm or above. The laser uses from 0.124mm. Under Cutting, one can only select 2D Profile, we need a 2D Pocket too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report