Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Wish List - starting with copy/paste

Drawing Wish List - starting with copy/paste

I am working through some drawings, and finding that there are a number of features that would be very helpful to see added to the program:

1. Copy & Paste - whether I am copying notes, view scales/titles, surface finish, hole call ups etc, the addition of a copy/paste feature within the drawing environment would be a huge time saver.

2. Drawing view titles - complete with scale. I'll frequently use multiple views of objects in an assembly, currently I will type this all out by hand, a time consuming process if I have a lot of views & part details. (see copy/paste request above!)

3. Hole call ups - here all threads, counter-bores etc need to be typed out manually. Easy to make a mistake here and no continuity with the current version of the model.

4.  Weld symbols!

5. Dimension text orientation, purely horizontal text can make for a cluttered workspace.

6. Text insertion points - center justified text should have a center insertion point.

7. Insert DXF/sketch reference - an example of when this would be useful is producing a drawing illustrating plates that make up a weldment. These plates are typically produced by a CNC operated plasma torch, but not all holes and features in the final model will be included in the pattern. It is easy enough to create a new sketch within the model and project faces to generate my DXF, removing project features if required, but I can't insert this sketch into my drawing to include QC dimensions.

8. View alignment aids such as construction lines.

9. Tables you can edit.  How do you add notes on anything but material and assembly name?

10. Tables combined for multiple views - when dealing with multiple components and views, attaching a new table for each component isn't practical.

11. Bubbles you can renumber. There is a basic issue with practicality in how one creates and controls components. Sometimes a part creation for a simple object like a plate or structural member in a weldment will mean that multiple occurrences of it are separate bodies or components, and being forced to assign unique bubbles to it isn't ideal. An example is a plate that is essentially 2D object, thus "right hand/left hand" occurrences are identical.

5 Comments
Garret_H
Collaborator

12. Move items to a new sheet: example I started detailing multiple components on one sheet then realized I needed more space. Now all my dimensions, notes etc need to be redone on that new sheet.

13. Units: option within dimensions to display inches as " OR in

14.  Architectural dimension styles would be a nice option also.

15. More on tables: I know there currently isn't any support for structural steel shapes, but if there were a length option within material lists that would help greatly. Note that if lengths can be set to equal a given dimension (same as how sketch lengths function) then good quality control practices of lengths can be maintained.

16. Tables again: if I create a component assembly within the same model as another components assembly you can't create a parts list of any assemblies other than the top level one. So an object created out of multiple weldments can't be detailed within a single design!

Garret_H
Collaborator

Item #16 has a solution, see here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/screencast/Main/Details/23d2e7c...

17. Text heights - working on a ASME D size sheets the options are very limited here. 0.12 is illegible if printed on a smaller sheet (and questionable on D Size!) 0.24 is much more legible but a little overkill.  More options would be much better.

Garret_H
Collaborator

18. Stacked fractions - WHY? Stacked fractions don't belong in engineering software (for those of us unfortunate enough to have to work in Imperial.) This also introduces more problems in using the very awkward blank tables, after introducing stacked fractions on material lengths, the parts list table and my ad-hoc material length table no longer fit to each other 😞

mailMC32X
Contributor

19. Abiility to show Ground Plane as a line to place reference dimensions to the ground

20. Ability to draw Lines in General.

Definitely agree on 01 / the copy / paste issue, especially if you use multiple sheets and would like to have several descriptions / text blocks appearing on every sheet...

juan.osorio.JEOG
Contributor

It is incredibly annoying that Copy/Paste text boxes are not allowed. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report