Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add 3D Mouse Support in Drawing Mode

Add 3D Mouse Support in Drawing Mode

Add support for basic 3D mouse functions in drawing mode:

Pan:  Left, Right, Up, Down

Zoom:  In, Out

Same movement as in modeling mode, just remove orbit.  This would make moving from mode to mode much more seamless.

(currently using 3Dconnexion mouse on MacBook Pro).

Great tool.  Keep up the good work.

10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mouse had a built-in 2D lock button, but I'm sure you could manually set that to one of your buttons, assuming you at least have the two on the sides of the mouse. Personally, sometimes I need to/like to orbit so I can still see and reference the rest of the part. Hope that helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is much needed. I use Inventor Professional at work and always dread the moment where I need to make a drawing at home in Fusion. Navigation in drawings is not so fluid either.

The reason I use Fusion instead of Inventor at home? macOS 🙂

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thanks for your idea! We're currently not pursuing any work around 3D mouse support for 2D drawings. This could be a good opportunity to leverage our API for custom script. I'd encourage to ask in the API forum: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/api-and-scripts/bd-p/22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just let Fusion die already... more and more ideas get archived and the application is sluggish and buggy...

Sent from my iPhone
benguestN73BB
Contributor

+1 Would really love to see 3D Connexion support in drawings...

matthew.maclennan
Participant

There is an issue with the 3D Connexion Space mouse when trying to navigate in the Model environment while you have a drawing open in another tab. The application declares that it is in the drawing environment and therefore sets the mouse mode to 2D no matter what environment you are currently working in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This should be added to the development backlog. It is a huge pain in the butt to have to change your entire method of interacting with Fusion when switching to a drawing view. This shows up twice in the idea station and the requests should be combined so the votes are correctly tallied.

jeanfabre
Contributor

Hi,

It's really odd that it's not like that since the very first support for 3d mouse. It is indeed a very annoying missing feature, when you enjoy a 3d mouse for all your 3d work and then back to old school... 🙂

I really hope this will get implemented soon.

Bye,

Jean Fabre

mxwrench
Explorer

Is this some cruel joke on the part of Autodesk to all who make the switch to Fusion 360 from other CAD programs?

I made the change over 2 years ago in my home office, and since have heavily used the Design, Sculpt and Manufacture workspaces.  And aside from "use previous operation stock" feature never being added to Manufacture, I have been relatively happy with the software, especially with the wonderful Sculpt environment!

However, for the past 3 months, I have been designing a complex mechanism solely in Fusion 360.  Now it's finally time to make detailed drawings of the 100's of components, many quite complex, to send to the machine shop for prototype.  To my surprise, Drawing mode doesn't allow 3d mouse support!  WHAT!?  In this advanced CAD day and age, with Fusion 360 trying to be a player in the marketplace, how can they not realize what a time saver 3d mouse control is, YES, even in Drawing workspace!! 

This is the response we get:

"Thanks for your idea! We're currently not pursuing any work around 3D mouse support for 2D drawings. This could be a good opportunity to leverage our API for custom script."

So what, now I am expected to learn to code in Python make this work? 

Aside from no 3d mouse control, the entire Drawing workspace experience is bad. Yes, Autodesk, we still need to make drawings to have parts made. (At least most of us do).  I am so disappointed right now, I fear I have wasted 3 months of time working up this project in Fusion 360 to only have to turn back and rework in another CAD system that will allow follow through of the design process.

All the pretty toolpaths and manufacture features are great if your making parts yourself in your garage from your solid models, but when it's time to send real parts out for quote, we need proper detailed drawings as well.  And quite frankly, I fear the Drawing workspace is not up to the task.

As my disappointment with Fusion 360 grows, I am only left with the question; Is anybody at Autodesk listening to the users!?  Pay to play, Cloud credits, fix what needs fixing first!

JulianGroeli
Enthusiast

Please consider adding 3d connexion support in 2d drawing mode. Drawing mode already requires too many clicks, so this would help a lot.

Meanwhile, I have come across a project to add this on Github. I haven't gotten it to work for me yet., but figured it might work for one of you. See link:

https://github.com/braydenaimar/Fusion360-SpaceMouse-Config

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report