Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D printed Surfboards from algae

3D printed Surfboards from algae

Hello everyone,

first post in this forum please be kind ;D. I just started with fusion 360 as well. I am a student at UCD in Dublin, Ireland and want to make a prototype for a project of an 3D printed surfboard. Later my goal is to make it from PLA from Algae and or recycled bottles. It is a thing that started in the U.S and I want to make my own prototype.  

In order to have a light but strong printed surfboard most people go to the honeycomb structure. Since the foam from a normal surfboard inside is missing we need to keep it afloat. After the honeycomb structure board is printed and glued together, one can with bio fiberglass and resin make it a see through version of a surfboard. Of course you can print your fins and add them to your board. 

I have a file drawing of a honeycomb pattern and I have a surfboard shape as a 3D file in Fusion. I need to cut those honeycomb pattern holes in the surfboard shapes. Sadly, when I make a honeycomb pattern my Mac always stops working after I click stop sketch. I think my Macbook Air might be too old. (2013)

If i could just get those two together I would have my file and slice it and go to a 3D printer to print a prototype.

What do you think of the idea? Is somebody able to help me? 

3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
docara
Collaborator

Hi Yannick,

This 'Ideas' section is not for ideas on your project but for new ideas to increase the functionality of Fusion360.

You need to post in the main section

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh okay ,

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report