Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Springload simulation in models

Springload simulation in models

I would like to be able to design a mechanism to be spring loaded..

I have tested rest position and to drag away the component behind another component having them on contact set. I was thinking I could get the first component to stay behind the second and dont be able to get back to its rest position until I remove the second component..

If there is another way to do What im trying to do I haven't found it.. It would be rally helpful to test mechanisms.

Here is a test model I did to test the above.. I can drag the piston down under the pin and as long as I dont releas the mous button I cant get it back up, But I would like it to stay untill I remove the pin. Not when releasing the mouse button.

http://a360.co/2l2w225

Thx

spring.JPG

2 Comments

This would be awesome

More generally, a rigid / soft-body simulation engine would be fantastic and doubly so if you threw in the ability to simulate sensors, actuators, and an API to plug those into external control software

et.teljemo
Advocate

@roambotics_scott

Great input!!.. that would be really nice to have this kind of features available in the model workspace or in another dedicated funktion simulation workspace.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report