Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split body with multiple splitting tools

Split body with multiple splitting tools

Currently a body can only be split with one splitting tool, often times when I am splitting a body I have multiple faces and sketch lines to choose. With an option of multiple splitting tools taking the time and mucking up my tree with multiple splits would not be necessary. This is a problem I have multiple times a day and it would be lovely if that could be built into the system. 

10 Comments
simon.dyer
Advocate

Yeah I have this problem too - I went back in my history to tweaks some vertices and managed to create extra faces that were later used for splitting bodies.  Everything went bad downstream.  Splits failed and due to no multiple face selection (& the single face failing) I had to give up on that model

FusionChris
Collaborator

There is a simple solution for that, you just need to combine the splitting tool line.

Best

Chris

Splitting tool.PNG

cfmoreno
Advocate

Hey there

The current version of Fusion 360 only allow for one splitting tool per action, which slows down the process of design. Allowing for more splitting tools in a single action could help optimize the whole process and save us a lot of time.

Tags (3)
cfmoreno
Advocate

Here are three splitting tools (rectangles) That we will use to split the main body (cylinder). We have to go one by one instead of selecting the three rectangles at once. Converting a simple operation in three repetitive tasks

splittingtools.jpg

That would also work for me in a lot of designs

zevster
Advocate

Hey Chris. Just wanted to say your method is brilliant and more should see it!

I was also wondering if there was a parametric method to generate the "snake" splitting pattern.

christopher.lyon
Explorer

Fusion says they fixed this as of version 2.0.5790, but is still inop.  I can now SELECT multiple tools to use for the splitting, but the split only applies one of the tools.

Jt003
Contributor

Is there any progress for the split face tool please? or if at all? It's been a while now. Currently levels of frustration is off the charts right now. Selecting one sketch to split a face is almost useless.

hrich-reid
Participant

Jt003, I've found that you can now split with the origin planes and planes in your model but still no multiple sketch split unless they are connected in some way. 😕 I agree, it's extremely frustrating and muddles up the tree quite a bit to have all the splits.

patrick.c.obrien
Contributor

This would be so useful, to understand and view complex assemblies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report