Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal die punch louvers and dimple die holes

Sheet metal die punch louvers and dimple die holes

Hi! 

It Would be great to have a tool set in Sheet metal to create ventilation louvers and dimple die round holes like in the pictures bellow. 

dimple die holes.JPGlouvers.JPG

6 Comments
MattPerez314
Advocate

I like this functionality but I would guess that there are a ton of additional features they are trying to pack in first(I hope).  It would be cool if this could be achieved by allowing a hybrid of Boundary Fill and Thicken in the Flat Pattern or folded state and just omit features used for this on the flat pattern other than a position center point.  I will bump it up just cause this functionality(as well as creation of custom die tools) is of course needed for sheet metal fab.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

vrsolanki
Enthusiast

Good Addition....

pcsc_machinefab
Explorer

I used to use a dimple die plug in for inventor and it was great.  

myheroscenery
Community Visitor

This would be a fantastic implementation to Sheet Metal so that I don't have to create a separate tool and insert into another design.

dbigham
Contributor

I have to say that I have been able to model embosses by doing a revolve in the model environment and pattern the emboss across the part. The will still flatten to show the proper flat but the emboss shows formed.

This is very similar to Solidworks except the you don't have a form tool to make the emboss automatically. 

Try it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report