Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perspective view in Drawings

Perspective view in Drawings

In the Properties panel, it is only possible to choose isometric views.

Opportunity to choose perspective views, will be perfect for full page technical illustrations.

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 22.09.29.png

40 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

cekuhnen
Mentor

yup I agree - specifically for techincal illustration not manufacturing

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

3Dpcb
Advocate

Update to - Perspective views in Drawings!

An opportunity to choose perspective views, will be perfect for full page technical illustrations and assembly drawings.
This will also be necessary to create PATENT DRAWINGS.

Note: If you save a Drawing as a PDF – import it into Illustrator and clean it up, you will have a very nice drawing you can use to make great illustrations, when combining with other graphics. And if you add a week and small offset shadow to the line, it will stand out a bit and look very nice.

AutoDebilitator
Contributor
This would be a great feature and open up lots of possibilities. It would allow perspective PDF's to be imported into Adobe Illustrator for use in product packaging, promotional materials, etc. Isometric drawings don't really work for these types of applications.
mbogazzi
Explorer

We absolutely need this especially when deriving line art to be used in assembly manuals and instruction sheets.

OFGLLC
Advocate

and Patent applications.

rbache
Explorer

This feature would be beneficial to me! This would be awesome for patent drawings/instruction manuals/illustrations of created designs.

UnrefinedProject
Community Visitor

Yes, Please.

thomasD2LVQ
Community Visitor

i was actually (unpleasantly) surprised that you can't set the view anyway you want. I.e. take the current view or a saved camera from the Model file. 

bsmith
Explorer

This would be really helpful. to show in perspective, and not isometric. Also the ability to orbit to any angle. My workaround is saving a home view and projecting that in the drawing, but that is a little cumbersome.

james.mattson
Contributor

I would use this quite a bit for assembly instructions. The drawings that fusion makes are great, I just wish I could get some perspective views. 

h.chilton
Participant

Yes absolutly need this function to create user manuals. Any way around this? Need to produce perspective line drawing that will translate to vector linework in illustrator.

h.chilton
Participant

Any update to the status of this feature? Simply need to translate perspective named view in the modeling environment to the drawing environment. In modelling environment I can save a perspective camera angle as a "named view". That named view is then livable in the drawing environment, but the perspective is somehow lost. 

That means I have to manually trace over a screen grab in illustrator. Hours of work 😞

perspective in "model " environmentperspective in "model " environmentperspective lost in "drawing" environmentperspective lost in "drawing" environment

dewexdewex
Observer

A cartooniser which maintained any perspective in the output will make the production of printable assembly guides much quicker. Tracing bitmaps in Inkscape is tedious.

Thanks.

giancarlo1116
Participant

h.chilton, when you create a new view and name it, you need to save the model first before updating the derived drawing. I did the same mistake and could not see my saved views. 

@3Dpcb wrote:

Opportunity to choose perspective views, will be perfect for full page technical illustrations.

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 22.09.29.png

saunde35
Contributor

Any updates on this? I often use perspective views to help my clients visualize their parts. Currently I don't see any way to add a perspective view besides taking a screenshot and adding the image manually.

Also, it would be amazing  if I could get a "cartoonizer" line feature for doing assembly drawings and such. I currently have to use other applications to make such images.

Thanks!

tiouzz
Community Visitor

Totaly agree : WHY ?

brunodoes
Community Visitor

Also need this. Choosing the view and perspective on drawings is important

timcorbett
Enthusiast

Yeah I really need this feature. I often have to produce illustrations and line drawings for consumer instructions from the parts we manufacture. Orthographic projection often looks too weird for parts bigger than a softball, especially if you place them in a user POV context. 

If Autodesk proper isn't going to add this one, can we collectively pay someone to write an add-on? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report