Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option NOT to save file

Option NOT to save file

sometimes you want to open your file and try something there but you dont want any progress saved. Currently there is no way to not have your file saved and this leads to undesired changes in file verison and structure. 

11 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

Have you tried disabling Automatic Version On Close in preferences or are you after something else?

Mark

KirillChepizhko
Advocate
i am aware of that option but its good to have both. IF anything its just not traditional UI practice .
O.Tan
Advisor

Hmm, am I missing something here? Cause if I were to close my design window, it'll ask if I would like to save my changes or not. I guess you set your preference to save automatically on close? If that's the default Fusion install setting, I guess the proper request would be "automatic save on close to being disabled by default".

KirillChepizhko
Advocate
it not for new designs but for designs that I already have
vrsolanki
Enthusiast

There could be save option without version number add. I mean i want to save file due to power failure and not due to version change, it should be supported that way too.

O.Tan
Advisor

@KirillChepizhko wrote:

it not for new designs but for designs that I already have

Yes, that's what I meant, on existing design.

Go to your Fusion Preferences > General > Automatic Version on close (untick) it

And each time you close your design, it'll ask if you want to save it or not.

KirillChepizhko
Advocate

I guess unchecking automatic versioning works.  It should probably not be default if it is now. 
Thanks for all the help. 

HughesTooling
Consultant

Having it on by default is the safest bet for people that don't read the manual so they don't lose any information by mistake. Looks like at least 22 people didn't read the help and voted for what's already available!  As for saving without increasing the version number, that is a good idea and has been requested but is probably no so easy if you're designing with linked components. Fusion should be able to keep track using save dates though rather than version numbers.

Mark

O.Tan
Advisor

@HughesTooling, my guess is they used version numbers instead of dates cause the plan is for it to make it work similar to a Git version management where you're supposed to save for every small changes you made, but they'll need to educate their users on this as unless you do programming, Git is definitely an alien concept.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

hi 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report