Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge sketches

merge sketches

i would like to be able to merge sketches so i can work with them like its one sketch. i often run into the problem that i wanna do for example an offset in sketch mode on two different surfaces which are on the same height but i cant then work on both offset sketches like it would be one. super annoying. i would like in general be able to merge sketches and also be able actually to select sketches or parts of sketches and exclude them from a sketch to a new sketch. For example if you copy a sketch and move it up or down and you want to work on the moved sketch the software will draw new lines at the height of the original sketch but not at the level of the re positioned sketch copy.  the work around right now is to create a construction plane move it down , project the original sketch and then start to work ( so many operations for something that should be more intuitive) 

2 Comments
Bruce
Contributor

sounds like a good idea to me..

thealucardfromhell
Enthusiast

You can project one sketch to another to essentially copy it. Then select the projection and unlink it for editing.

This is a workaround like anything in F360 xD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report