Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let us resize the import McMaster Carr component window

Let us resize the import McMaster Carr component window

Simply enough, the McMaster Carr website was designed for larger windows than the one Fusion presents. Please allow us to resize this window so we can use this tool more effectively.

Thanks

9 Comments
araugh
Enthusiast

For what it's worth I just spent some time bringing in many mcmaster carr parts into a few assemblies and my fastest workflow was thus:

In fusion, measure fastener length needed. In web browser, find part on McMaster Carr website. Copy part number. In fusion, select insert mcmaster carr part. In mcmaster window, paste part number, copy part description and download step file. Place part in Fusion. Go to separate spreadsheet in Excel to make note of that part used and generate per-assembly part number. Return to Fusion and right click entered part, modify part number and paste description from clipboard.

All of which could be a 2 step process if the browser could be resized and McMaster metadata carried into Fusion.

docara
Collaborator

Yeah and a back button

araugh
Enthusiast
If it helps you at all, the backspace key functions as a back button for
this tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the latest update added this feature request?  I can resize the mcmastercarr window...

mcmaster Resize.png

subversivespeed
Collaborator

Yep, works for me too... Looks like they slipped that in.. I can now move and resize.. Very nice! 🙂

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

araugh
Enthusiast

Forgot to post this until now, but thank you for implementing. It's been very helpful

Careless_
Advocate

It needs to be pointed out that the corner of the McMaster import window does not produce the icon for drag-resize when hovering over the area where it would normally be.

I saw it appear once, then it disappeared, and hovering over the corner does not reproduce the mouse icon. It seems that it appears only once per instance of the window being open.

Though the action still works if you click somewhere between the CANCEL button corner and the window corner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report