Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Getting more screen space

Getting more screen space

Areas to cut to get more spaceAreas to cut to get more space,

We can get more space to see bigger drawings and details, if we shrink those areas and icons 

28 Comments
pd700
Advocate

This will be especially helpful for those using a laptop where screen space is limited.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, this is my problem!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already posted 2 times similar/same issue since 2016 (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/smaller-icons-for-laptops/m-p/6254354) (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/display-improvement-for-laptops/idi-... still not applied. Let's hope your post will be considered for a future release!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I hope so.
pd700
Advocate

Yes, let hope this get implemented soon. I have dual screen setup on my laptop to help with the screen space issue. Some of the task bar operations in the current screen are good and should be kept.  For instance, the automatic drop down menu ("Fly-out") when you mouse-over the task bar after your first mouse click on the task bar.  Additional use of Fly-outs and Hidden Screen Tabs would be useful as well. Popup screens should not be in free space on the canvas and should be controlled with a tab around the perimeter. The exception to this might be Popup windows with and error or critical info. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly, thanks a lot, in fact I have just written the rough idea, hope it
can come on the next.
daniel_lyall
Mentor

You can resize the sketch pallet your self and it sticks.  You can remove pretty much all of what's on screen 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried to do it so many times without success, maybe my computer has
some problem. Anyway, the 2 top bars could merge as it doesn't have many
things n will save space, including auto hiding bars will give much more
space.
Thnx!
susibiker
Enthusiast
Auto-hiding would be a major improvement.
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, very useful
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: ć‚Ŗćƒ¼ćƒˆćƒ‡ć‚¹ć‚ÆåÆ©ęŸ»č½éø

Thanks for sharing your ideas. We have several UI projects underway that should get us closer to a cleaner UI with more real-estate, which will also improve the sketch palette as well as UI performance. Blending the 2 bars you've indicated is also something we're looking into, but may not happen in the short term. We'll keep you posted on our progress. Keep an look out for our roadmap update sometime in Feb - we'll be sharing more details there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very kind from you letting us know about improvements as you can see a lot
users are willing it.
Regards,
cekuhnen
Mentor

yeah the screen wasting behavior of the sketch palette is a long time sore in my eye.

I to be honest have a hard time understanding why it was implemented as the main option instead of also using the pull down menu

and hiding the palette. it is a pretty much interface design 101 problem that was created.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly like you said
brettclausen62
Advocate

Hi,

I'm using a second screen on my laptop (which is running windows 10 pro), and would like to be able to move the data panel off the screen where I m running fusion. Which will increase the available space in the fusion window, while still allowing access to the data panel.

I would also like to be able to resize the Data panel, precisely to show things like very long file names.

At the moment you can only hide/show the data panel. Unlike the browser for example, you can hide/show the browser as well as move it around.

Regards,

Brett

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, Brett! This idea you are proposing is a really good way to work.

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what would be great? An Inventor style minimalised sketch palette. I don't need the labels on the tools anymore, just the icon is enough, and the extra screen space would be more helpful.

mechmach
Contributor

I agree with having the option to disable text. Also maybe some permanent toolbar location instead of floating, but not some 'click to see' button thing like create, sketch, modify. Too much clicking needed already.

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes!!!
cekuhnen
Mentor

@mechmach

Thats why I suggested to maybe also add constraints to the tool shelf for fast access besides the RMB menu.

the rbm menu works well to be fair but it is a problem in Fusins UI how much developers and interface designers 

provide fragmented solutions not providing a consistent work experience and approach to tools in Fusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report