Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display list of constraints, Dimensions and Elements of a Sketch in F360 Desktop

Display list of constraints, Dimensions and Elements of a Sketch in F360 Desktop

Editing a Sketch is sometimes tricky, relying solely on the visual sketch to find and Edit elements, dimensions or constraints on the sketch can be tedious.

A sketch should provide, on the left Browser pane, a list of those so we could easily find and modify them.

On This Post, 'HuguesTooling' pointed out that Dimentions and Constraints are available that way in the Browser Version of F360, that is exactly how I'd like it to be in the Desktop version, but including elements like lines, circles etc. (FreeCAD has this kind of list as in the screenshot). It would be just great to have these 3 sections in the F360 Desktop browser, allowing to edit quickly one or the other item. 🙂

PS : This request is partly covered in other posts, but I suppose the Autodesk team will group them, so don't hesitate to vote for it 😉

16 Comments
TrippyLighting
Consultant

It appears to be already part of the Browser version of Fusion 360 but not yet part of the desktop version as shown in this thread.

@promm Any word on whether  we'll get this in the desktop version and when ?

atuor
Enthusiast

With that feature it would be important also that when selecting a constraint in the browser it would highlight it in the sketch and selecting the constraint in the sketch, highlight it in the browser. Seems obvious, but just a a thought to clarify

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

trialsmasteralex
Explorer

This would be a very helpful feature. I would also like to see more information about a constraint when you hover over it, whether it would just pop up or be available in a properties menu via right click. Currently it is very frustrating to try to guess at what the constraint icon means (for some of the more obscure constraints) and which elements it is constraining.

florentin598XE
Explorer

I would also like to request this feature. 

Also, regarding constraints, is there a way to see if a sketch is fully constrained? This was a nice feature of SolidWorks. If it is available, where can I see it? If not, request to add. 

Thank you

teamphy6
Participant

I also need this feature.  I'm adding new constraints for placing an object in relation to others, and it warns that the object would be over-constrained--But I don't see the other constraints!  So I tell it to ignore the over constraint and have to live with it.  Then the problem is compounded.

dd_
Contributor
Contributor

yes, a list or overview would be really helpful. I'm a newbe and constrains come from everywhere allways and I find myself desperatly killing them like moquitos. Even worse, the XYZ Point often seems to refuse to show any constrain at all. a black hole - once a point fall in you never get it out again. (But I guess I also have to learn a lot)

lasercuttingbristol
Community Visitor

I would like to vote for this feature too. I find the constraints quite hard to edit.

campbellblc
Enthusiast

Another vote here!

yurii.haiovyi
Explorer

Would be very useful.

rsWC7DH
Explorer

A vote from me

magoreTKXN8
Explorer

A vote for me also

I would love to see constraints listed with the objects they are attached to

I would also like to be able to remove a constraint from that list

On a related matter it would be nice if when displaying constraint errors gave some means of identifying the specific source of the error. The program knows there is an error internally -  - please just tell us in some useful manor what specifically it knows.

Quite honestly - its a bit of an insult to get an  error that implies ... yes I know what the error is - but sorry its a secret - and while I am at it "more info" link is even worse

I do know a few ways to get constraints to reveal themselves - but sometimes even with the selection trick it seems there are invisible ones hiding that defy any means of discovery that I trip over all of the time.

karsten
Explorer

+1

bionicrocky
Community Visitor

+1

raven2DRN4
Advocate

Perfectly solved in the Browser version.

Badly missing it in the client :).

Fribbler
Observer

+1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report