Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode for Fusion 360

Dark mode for Fusion 360

I personally think to add a dark mode to fusion 360 is a great idea, as many users who use Fusion 360 are staring into there monitors/screen for a long period of time and I believe this feature would reduce eye strain and it would also give fusion a classic look and feel, and also let the user the option of how dark and light they what there UI to be. (Example below)

if this is not possible an alternative feature could be a blue light filter which also reduces eye strain.

For example Adobe CC products - 20130515-idcc-1

v3_Start_experience

25 Comments
n8bot
Advocate

If you click on the "Display Settings" button (which is the LCD monitor icon) at the bottom of the screen, and then navigate the Environment menu, you will find a selection of different environments for the main modelling screen space. There is a dark one, that brings you most of the way of having a dark mode. There is also a Grey one which gives you a choice to how dark the environment is.Also, if you're feeling under-stimulated, you could try "tranquility blue," which is pretty nuts if you ask me.

I understand that you can make the part where you work to different colours, but I am saying as in being able to change the top and the side part dark as well. So I am saying we should be able to change fusion from a light UI to a full dark UI, like in Adobe products.

2017-10-14.png

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

keqingsong
Community Manager

We have this project in the backlog but will still be some time until we're able to get to it. We have some higher priority projects we're currently working on. Changing this to Future Consideration. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

KirillChepizhko
Advocate

Please dont abandon the idea, especially considering you already have dark styles for the right click menu build in. 

Dark UI is not only a necessity for usability,  I think it potentially changes the product is perceived by future users. Having UI options is attractive. Smiley Wink

moth3r
Enthusiast

"Dark mode" is preferable/standard mode on most apps these days. Even outside CAD world, apps like imagine Substance Painter, Photoshop have it as default. I am not biggest fan of the current set color schemes for the white preset either. On example, they should be neutral not blue.

I'll stick to Moi as I can have colors sets completely to my liking. Well when you open your CSS or you expose parts of the code you can do it yourself instead to wait for a team of people years after. When you work on the 34" screen you get 'snow blindness' without a tan.

lucasliraAU
Collaborator

A great future idea to be considered for the progression of the platform user experience.

RWinning10
Observer

Perhaps have the guys who wrote 3DS Max (Dark Theme) help push this along? At the very least give one dark/orange UI theme choice before completely offering a custom color pallet? Eye fatigue is the main driver for me, as I design in AutoCAD 8-10 hours a day at work. Even though that has a dark theme, there are a lot of nights when I get home, open Fusion and immediately shut it down b/c of the blinding UI. I'm rather surprised it wasn't in the initial release, so many existing Autodesk products in addition to just about every other UI in the world offers it, i.e. Video apps, music streaming services, certain popular open source modeling software.

How would I make the people who made 3DS Max (Dark Theme) help push this idea along @RWinning10

RWinning10
Observer

@Faraj_Monnapillai My comment was for the Dev team/ Project team that would read the forum, not you. This isn't an original idea: Here and Here too.  

@RWinning10 I don't know what you mean by "My comment was for the Dev team/ Project team that would read the forum, not you."

I only started using the forms for about 4 months so I didn't know this idea was already an idea which has been discussed. And those two ideas are only for dark mode/UI, I said "let the user the option of how dark and light they what there UI to be." and "blue light filter". which has not been said on the other ones.

klwill946
Contributor

I currently use Alibre Design and am working to learn Fusion 360 so I can use it as my furniture design tool. I would like to keep the dark background I use in Alibre as it's much easier on my eyes.

patrickmorin12
Explorer

This one is really my preferred one! So much easier for the eyes when you stare a a screen all day long!

ac1595
Explorer

Maybe it'll be easier to start implementing "Dark Mode" now when macOS Mojave is comming out ... as it'll support have systemwide "dark mode" support ...

Thought, Fusion 360 on the Mac has to respect the native Apple Human Interface Guide on the UI side ...  so instead of having AutoDesk programmers trying to figure out a nice and pleasant Dark UI ... just make the App comply to macOS Mojave's native HIM ... 

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/visual-design/dark-mode/

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/supporting_dark_mode_in_your_interface

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/210/

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/209/

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/218/

jrohit1110
Enthusiast

An excellent IDEA!

enriquebono
Observer

Please add Dark Theme, I can't work at night with this bright UI, Please Autodesk help us protect our eyes! PLEASE!

AronGari
Participant

The fact that this thread is more than 2 years old and there is still no word on a dark mode UI is disappointing.

mikulcek
Community Visitor

First time user, went to change theme, searched preferences, end up here. I guess dark theme would be nice.

ac1595
Explorer
Jupp, it would 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report