Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM - Drag and drop tool re-assignments

CAM - Drag and drop tool re-assignments

In HSMWorks, you can drag and drop a tool from one operation to another, and have the toolpath updated to use the new tool. It's incredibly handy, and it's absence in Fusion made re-assigning and cleaning up my tool library fairly painful.

I'd love to see this added to fusion, and think users would greatly appreciate it.

In addition, a thing that isn't possible in either, but i'd love to see.. The Tool Library does a great job of presenting an overview of tools and the operations which use them. It'd be awesome if we could drag and drop operations within that UI to reassign the tool being used.

6 Comments
AmishSolanki
Advocate
Yes! Highly useful feature that I always wish I could do.
cj.abraham
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Accepted. There was another idea for a tool to change multiple operations at once, which I think falls into this same category, but he original drag and drop function from HSMWorks should definitely make a comeback.

Rob.Lockwood
Advisor

@cj.abraham - Was the 'other idea' accepted? I did a search (here, not on HSM ideastation) for something similar first, but didn't see anything relevant .. not saying it doesn't exist, just didnt see it 🙂

cj.abraham
Alumni

It's in the HSM Ideastation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, would be a useful addition 🙂

cj.abraham
Alumni

Ticket CAM-8186 for drag and drop between operations

Ticket CAM-8187 for drag and dropping operations in the tool library

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report