Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break link for all selected components

Break link for all selected components

Would be great, if I could break links for all selected components. Now I can break link only for the one component:

break link.png

For multiple select this function does not exist: 

break link.png

5 Comments
admaiora
Mentor

Please solve this.

The entire linked/referenced files system needs to be redesigned!

Too tricky, too slow, too many errors.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please add this feature it's a pain to do it when you have hundred of components...

-Nick-
Advocate

Such a pain this is not done.  I have a model I want to import into a new project and I don't want the gazillion components which go with it, just the model, so I have to break each link, one by tedious one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love this feature as well.  Sometimes I like to create a copy of a design to do "what-if" studies.  I don't want to worry about affecting the original design so I save a copy and then break all of the links.  Breaking links is too much work in Fusion. 

There should also be a command to make an isolated / unlinked copy that does this for you.  A simple check box when you save-as that indicates you want all links broken would be great. 

In version 2.0.5827, It is possible to select multiple link items and break them. I have do disable the history first, and it take some time but it seams to work. The key might be to right click on the outside of the component side bar. Otherwise it only breaks the like of the clicked item

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report