Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend body

Bend body

Ability to bend bodies in model mode.kgb.JPG

106 Comments
KirillChepizhko
Advocate

Ability to bend bodies in model mode.

Tags (1)
Dunndor
Enthusiast

I completely agree with this feature to be added as soon as possible. There are so many times where i want to kitbash already made parts and squash stretch and bend them around. 

tomlpaul
Observer

This would be such an awesome ability, a whole set of deformers would be amazing. 

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装予定

cekuhnen
Mentor

yep all for it

blender also has many of such great deformers.

herzinj
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

Wow, very popular idea!!  

I'm passing this one along to the dev team to see how we can make this possible.  Hopefully this is something that we can add relatively easily and get added into Fusion 360 quickly. 

brookscourtney
Community Visitor

Good morning;

We are a Product Developer in Florida. To date we only have 3 products in the market so we do not have the budget for SolidWorks so we have been searching for a more affordable solution. So far we LOVE Fusion 360. However our products are mostly metal which means a lot of sheet metal work. It is viatal that we have the ability to "bend" materials.

Currently we have to use Google Sketchup to accomplish this which stinks.

I would love to know if this is something comming sooner rather than later so we can make the decission to purchase Fusion 360. (right now we are on the trial but this is a sticking point for us unfortunately)

Thanks so much,

Brooks

gabriele
Advocate

Bend only?

what about twist, shear, taper, bulge, squash?

cekuhnen
Mentor

Fusion has nothing to deform like basic twist tape bend

but also flow along surface or bend along curve would be nice.

I rather build something flat and then bend it into shape then modeling it bend.

TrippyLighting
Consultant

Sounds like some of the modifiers in Blender 😉

deyop
Alumni
Status changed to: 実装予定

Deformers for Form and Solid objects is a feature that is in our backlog (FUS-5191) but we certainly would like comments about specific workflow that users would like supported.

cekuhnen
Mentor

From Rhino to Alias many have such deformers as well.

Twist bend etc and flow over a surface.

Twist obviously is usefyul when you can build something linear and then you twist it

pipes, cylindrical wisted design like in bottles etc

Bend is also very usefyl when again it is easier to build something linear and then bend it into shape.

Bent plywood and other things

judah
Enthusiast

I would love to see a twist parameter in the sweep tool; without it designing true helical structures is impossible.  You can get close by lofting between lots of sketches, but this is cumbersome and doesn't yield true twisted shapes; when viewed from the 'top' (in the case of a spiral staircase), edges connecting the profiles are straight lines instead of the curves they should be.

tmixer
Community Visitor

Bend , twist, bulge.  Thanks

bverboort
Advocate
jjurban55
Advisor

Yeah I'm drooling over a feature like this, particularly for flexing/bending living hinges (as seen in plastic parts) and with the bodies, attached to the living hinge strips, swinging around as the living flex hinge is bent. 

jjurban55
Advisor

Although I found the sweep path can pretty much work for my living hinge need, by changing the sweep path and letting history after that update.  Really cool.  It looks like other bodies made on the sweep end faces reorient too. 

ivanjovanovic19
Contributor

I woud add that it would be nice to have a modifier that allows to choose a tessalation type.

To be more specific, I think that it would be essential to have at least Voronoi tessalation and Delaunay tessalation.

We need the tools to choose how will Fusion solve Convex hull problem.

NadaNix
Contributor

In Rhino's CageEdit, a cage of control points is placed around an object. You can pull the points around to deform it:

screenshot_107.png

KirillChepizhko
Advocate

Cage edit is exactly what we want in fusion !!!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report