Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Alternate Units when Measuring

Display Alternate Units when Measuring

I'm constantly converting between imperial and metric units while desinging automation systems and machining parts. It would be great to see both units while using the measuring tool. Also, having the ability to change units being displayed would really simplify the engineering workflow. 

7 Comments
tmblue
Participant

It would be nice if one is using mm  as their unit and they go to measure, they either can see the inch number as well, or provide the user with a button to click to get a one time diff unit measurement.  Having to exit out and change the params of your model for a single measurement is silly.

Tags (1)
docara
Collaborator

Nah! 

Just step up and join the rest of the planet and international community and use metric.

If Fusion was developed in any other country than USA imperial wouldn't get a look in.

You forget America was the pretty much the first country in the world to adopt the decimal number system (metric)

tmblue
Participant

Docara, you are assuming a lot there.   Has many more likes than not, so not sure your comment is fitting here. This is for users not just your belief that everything revolves around you. And the software was developed here, guess we are all not that bad!!  I guess in your mind, the US should piss off..

I still like the option because you know the US is still where it's being developed (please feel free to buy out Autocad and move it wherever you want). So having a quick button to go between measurements would be nice, hell would think that a mm to meter quick button would be nice for many (not in the US).. 

Careless_
Advocate

Fusion 360 team, please consider this along with my other recommendation for enlarging the dimensional input boxes to show the entire number.

This can't be that hard or such a lengthy process to implement.

It would be great if this line here showed "36 in" underneath the line and "914.40 mm" above the line (or reversed depending on what the primary and secondary unit is set in the user's preferences.

Little features like this are going to set this program apart from the others.

gmdimarzio88
Collaborator

Get more people to vote for this one! Please! 🙂

Careless_
Advocate

have no fear, gmdimarzio88. I stapled signs with links to this idea onto telephone poles around a local church.

We're sure to get a bunch of visitors now! Robot tongue

MyersMade
Contributor

Please add this feature! 

In industrial automation, we constantly are designing around a mix of metric/imperial unit OEM products.

The ability to switch between displayed units in the measurement tool would be a huge time saver.

Going back to the file properties to switch between metric and inches burns alot of time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report