Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANSI/ISO Drawings

ANSI/ISO Drawings

I can see how Fusion makes for a good Industrial Design package, but it's not ready to be called a Mechanical Engineering package yet. We need a way to create drawings that meet ANSI/ISO standards as well as being able to note GD&T.

Other features that should NOT be missing from a $1200/year CAD package:

-Centerpoints on a diameter

-Tolerancing

-Ordinate dimensioning

-Custom title blocks

-Section views

-Cutout views

9 Comments
lukepighetti
Enthusiast

As it stands now, I cannot send something I've drawn to a manufacturer using only Fusion 360. What's the point of prototyping with Fusion 360 if you can't send out drawings?

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

@lukepighetti Thanks for the detailed feedback. All of your requests are on our roadmap so stay tuned to see much more functionality added to the Drawings workspace.

Also, the Drawings workspace is also available in the base Fusion 360 offering ($300/yr), not just in Fusion 360 Ultimate ($1200/yr).

Thanks,

Timera

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

lukepighetti
Enthusiast

Hi Timera,

While I am glad you have decided to include Drawings in the base version, Ultimate is still a $1200 / year CAD/CAM package that cannot produce drawings that are expected from a program of that cost. It sounds like you all are taking Drawings seriously though, and I look forward to the updates.

All the best

Luke

yoshimitsuspeed
Advisor

I know they are actively working on this but it cannot come too soon.
Aside from crashing and bugs lack of drawing capability is is the most frequent issue I have with F360.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's really a stretch to say that Fusion360 currently supports drawings. Being able to place a few views and add basic dimensions is ok for rough ideas but not for manufacturing parts. Not everything can be 3D printed without drawings.

I concur with this idea.

barron80
Explorer

I'm finding the learning process of Fusion360  to be enjoyable, and I'm progressing at a fair pace.  Congratulations to your staff for their ongoing efforts to improve this product.

I would like to see standard libraries of things such as common fasteners, such as bolts and screws in both SAE and Metric, welding symbols and possibly being able to show the actual welds on the drawing (ie., fillet, butt, lap, horizontal, vertical up and down, and multi-pass welds) etc., that I can pick and place in my drawings.  

Many years ago, as a student, I had access to AutoCad(ver. 10, I think), and it had several libraries of such things that could be imported into the drawing.  Many of my drawings are fabrications that involve  fasteners and/or weldments.

Keep up the good work.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

Some of the items on this list are done, and the others are in progress. 

Thanks,
Timera

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report