Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where I was, what I was doing? Saving and restoring the current work status.

Where I was, what I was doing? Saving and restoring the current work status.

When you close a design it saves the current image that was on the screen at the time of closing. What it does NOT save is the status of what you were doing, where you were in your work flow, what the timeline looked like, where the history marker was in the timeline, what the active component was.

All of that would be incredibly helpful. I often get to a point in my work where it's time to call it a day and I fully intend to pick up right where I left off, but when I close the design and then come back to Fusion the next day, re-opening that same design, it's not where I left off. I have to basically recreate the status of where I left off, clicking through the browser to get to the correct component, activating the component, scrolling around the timeline to get where I was ... etc.

If you could make it so that saving a design also saved the current work status, and opening a design would restore it to that status, that would be great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report