Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViewCube menu

ViewCube menu

As a frequent importer of STEP files, I have learned a lot about the ViewCube. I'm glad it's there, and I'm endlessly grateful for the ability to change view names. It took me months to figure out that the preview thumbnails are from the home view, and that I can change the home view, but once I did, I sighed with relief.

Having spent that much time interacting with that menu, however, has given me a few ideas for ways to improve it.

Here is my idea:

Remove the "orthographic, perspective, perspective with ortho faces" from the ViewCube menu. I don't even know what the "perspective with ortho faces" option does. I just know I can select these same items from the camera menu at the bottom of the screen, which feels like the right place for them.

In exchange, move the contents of the sub-menus for "change home" and "set this face as" to main menu items.

At the very least, I would love it if the "set current view to home" sub-menu was clickable. Having to wait for the sub menu to pop open, then scroll right, then down, to select the already-checked option seems silly!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report