Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update sketch based features also in DM

update sketch based features also in DM

I am not sure if maybe the idea / plan is to bring many DM patch tools into the design time line but I find

it confusing to have featrues in DM when they dont really do much, or for example when I extrude from a sketch

adjusting the sketch will not affect the extrude DM patch command.

Below I started to build parts in DM via the insert base feature.

And when I change a base feature sketch nothing really changes, I also cannot delete the mesh and and re extrude from the sketch. The timeline will break the tool assosications.

Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 12.21.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 12.18.30 AM.png

Of course if the goal is to have such DM in the design timeline than this idea here is obsolete.

5 Comments
haughec
Autodesk

Hi Claas,

Yes, we intend to include all of the Patch tools in parametric Fusion (they will add features to the timeline).  It looks like the parametric Boundary Fill command will make the June release, and others will follow.

I don't expect that Direct Modeling features will ever update based on their sketch inputs.  This is why we are pursuing Parametric modeling.

We have discussed the possibility of introducing limited associativity between sketches and T-Spline features that consume those sketches.  For example, you could modify a T-Spline sweep by modifying the input profile or rail.  Of course, this associativity would be broken if you used Edit Form or another tool to modify the result of the sweep.  Is this what you mean by "re extrude from the sketch"?

Thanks,

Charles

Thanks,

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: 実装済み

cekuhnen
Mentor

Hi Charles,

I guess when the time line has all patch tools then the features in DM might not be that of an issue anymore when they dont really update.

In my post I was more making this point:

I add a base feature

create a sketch

based on the sketch create a solid

exit and be back in the design time line

Now in best case senarion when working with the design time line you also

want this:

when editing the base feature and editing there a sketch

the surface that sketch created should be updated

I hope this makes sense.

haughec
Autodesk

Hi Class,

That makes sense.  The short answer is that we really won't have that kind of associativity in place until we flesh out the Patch tool set.  We're currently impleneting surface Trim & Extend which will likely be available in the August release.  Surface Extrude & Revolve are next on the list for the subsequent release.

Thanks,

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report