Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates and title blocks imported from SVG

Templates and title blocks imported from SVG

I understand that in-application editing of title blocks will soon be available.  I hope this is soon as I see that many of us need this feature.

As an idea until something better comes along or even as a more complete solution, it would be great if someone would create a script that could import and export between SVG files and Fusion 360 templates and title blocks.  SVG templates for FreeCAD can be created using Inkscape and even though it is a bit cumbersome, it works great in their latest release.  SVG parameters can be created and edited easily in Inkscape.  This would give those of us that do not have access to Autocad a way to create good looking drawings with appropriate title blocks or imaginative template styles. 

1 Comment
PinRudolf
Advocate

Hi Miked, please note there are free alternatives available to create dwg files. (Draftsight for example) Not sure if you can get the labels functioning properly though. Or maybe just download a trial for autocad?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report