Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tab!

tab!

another easy one.  

using tab to select the next function....   one of 100 places this would be practical is "mirror"... say, in a sketch, you want to mirror a line..   click the line... hit TAB and select the line you want to use as the mirror plane.. hit enter...

currently you have to drag your mouse over to the line, click it, drag your mouse to the box, click the next step, drag your mouse back, this takes way too much time and puts un needed milage on the mouse.  i've tried everything... it doesn't seem to exist.    hitting enter, like you would in Rhino, basically either cancels it or says ok.. not sure which, but the box goes away and i have to start over. 

29 Comments

This would speed up work considerably. Especially when working with explorative design iterations, these tasks become terribly tedious. If the issue is that the tab key is occupied by another function, maybe space bar like in Alias? Or whatever key, really.

jibberjack
Enthusiast

Yes please! My mouse is getting close to exceeding the miles put on our 20 year old car. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Came in here to post this myself. It'd be great if you guys could take another look into this

xrok11
Contributor

spacebar? double left click perhaps? alt click...?

chriswarm
Contributor

Bump.

tideberg
Observer
+1
MatteNotDuncan
Community Visitor

I would like this so much: I find it not only annoying, but also unneeded to drag my mouse to and from the selection box every time while in other parts of the UX keys are a major component of the overall workflow (e.g.: you can associate any key to a specific operation)

jonKE4ES
Participant

I agree.  this NEEDS to be implemented!!  you guys were able to make keyboard shortcuts a thing, please get this asap.  when working on large 4k screens it quickly becomes super frustrating to have to move the mouse across the whole 4k space to get to the next then and then have to move back to the object and repeat the dance for all the steps in a dialog box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

this would be extremely helpful and boost productivity. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report