Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface modeling without planes

Surface modeling without planes

Wish we could surface model in 3D in Fusion 360 without the need of planes to work on, so more like in Alias.

6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried tsplines?

hansvaneven
Advocate

Hi Permalink, yes but yo always need planes to place points, would be great to be able to do just place points without needing to use planes, maybe I'm just missing something, I'm a beginner so 🙂

thanks, Hans

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what to tell you. I've never used a plane to do any surface modelling in Fusion. I'm not sure how you'd actually go about doing that. Hoping Fusion team will respond to this soon.

hansvaneven
Advocate

I use the planes mostly to set up reference images and then also sketch a few basic forms but maybe it's me who is wrong on using the wrong start for this, though for a guitar neck you can just sculpt it, you have a part extruded and then a part sculpted and then bridged together.

thanks,

Hans

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooohkay, I'm sorry, I screwed up. I think of sculpt as surface modeling sometimes. You're talking about doing sweeps, lofts, etc?

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We'll review this as part of advanced modeling work we are planning in the near future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report